INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Xbox 360 and Media Center 15(.0.171)  (Read 1435 times)

rjw57

• Recent member
Xbox 360 and Media Center 15(.0.171)
« on: January 03, 2011, 05:38:18 pm »

Sorry, but newb at this stuff.  I am evaluating the software which is phenomenal so far.  However, before I really take the plunge, I am trying to determine if it is possible to use this software with my xbox360 in order to stream from my PC to the xbox360.  So far, it seems as though I should be able.  I am desperately trying to find anything that "walks me through" the procedure of pairing the software to the xbox.  Does something like this exist?  Should I expect to see the same type of interface experience available from Windows Media Center in terms of the xbox video output on my TV?  Please, go easy on me.  Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Xbox 360 and Media Center 15(.0.171)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 06:02:34 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Please take a look on the Media Network board.  You'll need to turn on DLNA support under Tools/Options/Media Network.  Then there may be an option for Xbox.  Read Bob's posts to find out more.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 11:02:48 am »

In Tools_>Options->Media Network
Add a DLNA server (make sure the DLNA server checkbox is checked) choose the "Xbox 360" preset.
If that is your only renderer, remove the default generic DLNA server.
Click OK.
Go to the Xbox 360, navigate to the Music, Picture or Video library choices under "My Xbox"
Your MC server should show up there.

rjw57

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »

Thanks for the feedback.  Real problem was a network issue.  I have two ethernet ports and the server was using the one that was not set up to communicate with my network.  All is well, was very easy to set up and get working once my "issue" was resolved.  I'm now on to figuring how to use dlna with other devices and I have discovered the web player function as well as the ability to use my laptop to control the "server" in the basement.  This is very good software!   Just takes a little work to get to know.
Pages: [1]   Go Up