INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.172  (Read 8511 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 15.0.172
« on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:33 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150172.exe

15.0.172 (1/5/2011)

1. Fixed: "DVD Menu" item on OSD menu was shown without any text or graphics during DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Build 171 did not contain a digital signature.

15.0.171 (12/20/2010)

1. Changed: Minor license changes.
2. Fixed: Audio CUE files were being read with ANSI encoding so non-English characters were not displayed correctly.

15.0.170 (12/17/2010)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, a 'Default' entry would not always be available in the list of libraries, making it hard to switch back to the default library after creating a custom library.
2. Changed: When connected to a DLNA library, the program will consider itself connected and show 'Disconnect From Library' in the menu instead of requiring selection of the last library from the libraries menu to disconnect.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
4. Changed: Google Nexus S appears with the proper name and image instead of showing as a generic Android (may require a redetect of devices).
5. Fixed: Track Info visualizations shows a missing image instead of the logo when playing tracks with no cover art.
6. Fixed: DLNA Server, subtitles (.srt and perhaps .sub) for some BD players requiring the DLNAExtra setting (i.e. Samsung BD-Cx500). May help others as well.

15.0.169 (12/16/2010)

1. Fixed: Restoring library backup settings would not work properly (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: OSD menu items are reordered.
3. Changed: On initial invocation of OSD menu, up arrow shows Position OSD, down arrow shows Playing Now (Programs for TV) OSD.  Subsequent invocation of OSD menu behaves the same as before - showing menu item last shown.  Additional pressing of arrows while the menu is on cycles through the menu as before.

15.0.168 (12/15/2010)

1. Changed: "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine will list monitor frequencies as low as 24 Hz.
2. Changed: Added "Desktop Settings" to the top of "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine.
3. Changed: Revised wording of access key option in Options > Media Network.
4. Fixed: Stopping of UDP-based servers for Media Network would sometimes hard-kill a server thread instead of gracefully close it (please report any issues with DLNA device detection).
5. Fixed: Volume OSD was displayed at the beginning of video playback if video was played right after stopping television playback.
6. Changed: Television Programs OSD will display channel name alone if there is no programming info, instead of showing "<no programming info>".
7. Fixed: It was possible to rip a CD while connected to Library Server by using the view header rip button, even though the Action Window would correctly report that the feature is disabled when connected to a library.
8. SDK: Targeting an invalid zone with an MCWS playback command could cause a crash.
9. SDK: ZoneType was not supported properly for some MCWS functions.
10. NEW: The player display area at the top of the program allows the token [Volume] to show the current volume level.

15.0.167 (12/10/2010)

1. Fixed: Cover Art lookup / submission was not available in build 165 and 166.
2. NEW: MCWS/v1/Values uses fuzzy matching and can sort matches by relevance (used by Gizmo).

15.0.166 (12/10/2010)

1. Changed: Improved handling of AIFF files with an invalid block size specified in their SSND header (affected samples from Bravura Records).
2. Fixed: WAV playback issue (only applies to build 165).

15.0.165 (12/9/2010)

1. Fixed: Television playback was broken in build 164.
2. Changed: Made DLNA engine more tolerant of device failures, so a device is less likely to be removed.
3. Changed: Television program cleanup of old programs as specified by subscription options happens each 8 hours instead of only on program shutdown (only happens when no recording or playback is taking place).
4. Fixed: The response to SSDP UDP notifications would unnecessarily return a 500 server error code.
5. Fixed: The program could create unnecessary C:\My Music, C:\My Pictures, and C:\My Videos folders on run.
6. Fixed: Playback of live HTTP WAV or L16 streams did not work nicely (used when acting as a DLNA renderer).
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MarkCoutinho

Re: Media Center 15.0.172
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:26:39 am »

I don't know if my remark in the topic of build 171 is picked up, so here it is again:

I'm not sure if someone has mentioned this before, but MC lacks this new Windows 7 possibility: if you do Win-Right (or Win-Left) then the program should fill half the size of the screen instead of the whole screen. MC doesn't respond to this command.
By the way: Win-Up lets the program return to the full-screen mode again.

Would be great if this feature could be built in.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

grandlulu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • GrandLuLu from Paris, impressed by MC!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 09:18:23 am »

if you do Win-Right (or Win-Left) then the program should fill half the size of the screen instead of the whole screen. MC doesn't respond to this command.
By the way: Win-Up lets the program return to the full-screen mode again.

Very happy new year first to J River &

Win-right & left don't work for me, only win-up & down.
Win7 x64 fr, dual screen, mc 15.0.171
--
GrandLuLu
Best regards ; Cordialement,
GrandLuLu
- Paris, France

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 09:23:12 am »

Very happy new year first to J River &

Thanks.  You too.

Win-right & left don't work for me, only win-up & down.
Win7 x64 fr, dual screen, mc 15.0.171

This is a Windows thing.  There's no way to use snap if you don't use a standard window frame.

We've emulated monitor snap on drag.  It might be possible to emulate the Win+Left/Right stuff as well, but this is new feature territory, and I would not expect it in v15.

I wish Microsoft had provided a way to opt-in a window to snap even if it doesn't use a normal frame.

grandlulu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • GrandLuLu from Paris, impressed by MC!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:57:04 am »

There's no way to use snap if you don't use a standard window frame.
Why don't you use standard window frame?
I suppose we have fewer options in our favorite program if so.
Best regards ; Cordialement,
GrandLuLu
- Paris, France

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:14:02 am »

Why don't you use standard window frame?
Skinning and custom drawing.

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:48:59 am »

Matt/JimH

Every time when I update the application "the right click button" on shell stops working. What is the problem?
I unselect it on Setting/Options, restart the application, select it and restart again but it don't works.
It happened with 15.0.171 and oder versions. I was using  15.0.145 before where it works normally.

tks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 10:53:44 am »

Every time when I update the application "the right click button" on shell stops working. What is the problem?
I unselect it on Setting/Options, restart the application, select it and restart again but it don't works.
It happened with 15.0.171 and oder versions. I was using  15.0.145 before where it works normally.
Try rebooting.

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 11:29:48 am »

My English may not be good enough to understand your answer, Jim, but I've some non-Microsoft programs (one is even from 2001!) that do respond to the Win-right/left keys.
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Alweb

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:00 pm »

Try rebooting.
JimH
Now it's ok!
Tks

chelseagroup

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 05:55:46 pm »

Playlist Export Does not create relative paths - Checked "Store paths relative... - did NOT create relative paths in .m3u
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:2696,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 30.mp3
#EXTINF:7230,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 31.mp3
#EXTINF:7223,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 29.mp3
#EXTINF:7220,Prairie Home Companion - Replay AV Recording
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\Prairie Home Companion\Prairie Home Companion Dec 25.mp3.mp3

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 07:01:55 pm »

Playlist Export Does not create relative paths - Checked "Store paths relative... - did NOT create relative paths in .m3u
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:2696,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 30.mp3
#EXTINF:7230,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 31.mp3
#EXTINF:7223,All Things Considered - All Things Considered
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\All Things Considered\All Things Considered Dec 29.mp3
#EXTINF:7220,Prairie Home Companion - Replay AV Recording
D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\Prairie Home Companion\Prairie Home Companion Dec 25.mp3.mp3

The paths are relative to the playlist itself.  So in your example, you would need to save the playlist to D:\AudioVideo\RadioShows\ (or some other folder in your example path).

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 04:44:40 pm »

If I use Analyze Audio in MC while playing audio in other software or in a browser streaming a web page, my sound breaks-up during precessing irregardless of whether I process 1 or 2 files at a time.
The only audio that is immune is MC  :-\

Media Center 15.0.172 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
AMD Unknown 2393 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3928 MB, Free - 1689 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: hp       DVDRAM GT30L       Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: E:\,F:\

Interface Plugins:
  TiVo Server
. . . the game is rigged

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: LS Client file deletion and tag writing
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2011, 08:29:11 am »

As I have reported multiple times, file deletion (from disc) from a Library Server Client is not working for me.  Also, tag writing to files from a LS client is problematic.  See here for more details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61556.0
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: LS Client file deletion and tag writing
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

As I have reported multiple times, file deletion (from disc) from a Library Server Client is not working for me.  Also, tag writing to files from a LS client is problematic.  See here for more details: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61556.0

And scheduling TV recordings from a LS client is problematic too, maybe it's related to the above.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »

I am seeing the same issues as the 2 posts above.
pretend this is something funny

notzippy

• Recent member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 12:37:23 pm »

If you "Acquire" video from an SD card media center sets the creation date to be day that the item is acquired - not the creation date of the video on the SD card, it also looks like this is done with photos also (but the photos are less critical since they contain EXIF information).

Please fix the Acquire button not to do this.

Also it would be phreaking incredible if you could specify different destination file paths for different media. IE be able to specify that Photos store to h:\photo\YYYY-MM-DD and video store to h:\video\camcorder\YYYY-MM-DD...

thanks
NZ

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 01:28:50 pm »

If you "Acquire" video from an SD card media center sets the creation date to be day that the item is acquired - not the creation date of the video on the SD card, it also looks like this is done with photos also (but the photos are less critical since they contain EXIF information).

Please fix the Acquire button not to do this.

Good point.

In a coming build:
Changed: When acquiring images from a camera, the file system dates of the acquired files are set to exactly match the dates of the files on the camera.

notzippy

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 01:39:08 pm »

Can you ensure that this occurs with videos also ?

thx

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 05:07:53 pm »

Can you ensure that this occurs with videos also ?

thx

Good point, I was going through some videos the other day and thay are date stamped the date they were imported not the date thery were created.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 05:10:44 pm »

A Handheld bug:

From: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61751
...MC is calculating the expression value from the field value in the temporary file instead of the actual source file. ...

For instance, removeleft([Filename (path)],3) does not work correctly as a location rule when the file is converted.

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »

go into Options -> Auto Import -> Configure Auto Import

select a folder and click on Edit,

attempt to select additional File Types categories . . . .

MC will expand the Audio category selection instead of allowing selection, causing the user to need to collapse Audio and re-select the additional File Types category.
This is repeatable and will happen on any and all import folders or file type categories

. . . the game is rigged

Blairis

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2011, 07:19:21 am »

I've been running Media Center as a library client to another PC in the house fine on a Windows 2003 server for a few years now.  With this .172 release music will play for a few minutes, then it stops and shows the critical error web page.  In the application a Critical Error box says Critical error #21 some essential component is missing or corrupted.

I tried installing it a second time.

Any suggestions?

update: did an uninstall and reinstall without removing registry entries.  Seems to be behaving this time.  Will update if problem reappears.

carlinoz

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2011, 01:28:35 pm »

HI There

I am new to the forum but have used MC for many years and am a fairly advanced user.  I am not certain how to start a new thread so please excuse me posting a reply to this topic.  It was asking me to add members to my post wasnt sure how to select all members??

Anyone I was hoping I could get an asnwer on the following rather trivial matter but nevertheless anoying to me.

I noticed that with recent updates of MC15 the "i" button function on the remote control has changed.

It used to be able to function as "playing now" selction so if you navigate away from playing now back to main menu or even other views you simply hit the "i" button and it returned to what you playing.

Without this feature you need a number of steps to take you back to plating now or select it from the main menu of theater view this is inconvenient.

Why change and whats the function now for?  I have not tried to reprogram the button.

Minor issue for me but curious nevertheless, otherwise its still the no.1 software available.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 01:45:34 pm »

Welcome to the forum.  Use "New Topic" in the upper right to start a thread.

Try the Green Button to switch.  Press it more than once.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2011, 01:12:45 pm »

I've been running Media Center as a library client to another PC in the house fine on a Windows 2003 server for a few years now.  With this .172 release music will play for a few minutes, then it stops and shows the critical error web page.  In the application a Critical Error box says Critical error #21 some essential component is missing or corrupted.

I tried installing it a second time.

Any suggestions?

update: did an uninstall and reinstall without removing registry entries.  Seems to be behaving this time.  Will update if problem reappears.

Are you using WASAPI or WASAPI [event] on the client?

globetrotters1

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2011, 05:37:13 pm »

This is still a bug:

- Entering tag values in the left-hand side tag action window...
- if there are more than 100 tracks marked and to be changed, the entered value won't be filled in and asked for permission to change in those over 100 tracks when I hit <TAB>...
- it leaves the value empty and moves to the next field (which is not correct)

the behaviour is different when I change below 100 tracks(!)

Could you please be so kind to straighten that out soon, it is annoying and breaks the work-flow (had a thread for this but got no solution)
thanks
:)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2011, 08:02:11 pm »

When I try to sync my Clip+ on a library server client, it will always rewrite all of the files on the device.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:15 pm »

I've got an odd bug that seems to keep occurring:

1) I move some files using "Rename, move..."
2) In a panes view I click to drill down into a "folder/location" pane. (Click on the "plus sign", even though I don't know that it's a plus in any skin)
3) The program crashes with a generic "MC has encountered a problem..." error.

These exact steps seem to always cause this crash. I can't manage to remember to click on something else before trying to expand something in the pane so it keeps happening to me.

-JB

petrossa

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 05:59:29 am »

When playing an audiotrack in anything but theatermode, then going to theatermode and clicking on a tab crashes the theaterview. The audio continues playing. Closing theaterview by using Windows close window function returns the standard view active and responsive.

After that restart of program is necessary in order to switch to theatermode.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 09:54:17 pm »

OK, time for the question I'm really concerned about.

Is this lull in build releases in relation to MC XVI?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 08:05:02 am »

Losing sync with DAC over Library Server, then MC reports that the file just played, can no longer be found.

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:10 am »

OK, time for the question I'm really concerned about.

Is this lull in build releases in relation to MC XVI?

JRiver must be on holidays ??
Pages: [1]   Go Up