INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld device, Playlists as Folders ?  (Read 2988 times)

jaynyc

• World Citizen
Handheld device, Playlists as Folders ?
« on: January 08, 2011, 11:51:31 am »

My music player device (S:Flo2) does not support playlists, however, I would like to organize my music on the device in folders so that the folders are the names of the playlists in Media Center 15.  Can this be done?  Can I use Playlist name in the Audio Path in Tools / Options / Handheld / Files, Paths & more ?

Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Thank you

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld device, Playlists as Folders ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 06:48:43 pm »

Can I use Playlist name in the Audio Path in Tools / Options / Handheld / Files, Paths & more ?

There's no way to reference playlist names directly. I think the best you can do is save the playlist name in a custom field, and then use that field in the handheld pathname. This isn't a practical solution if you have a large number of ever-changing playlists, but otherwise should work fine.

If you're wanting to save files by playlist, I suppose you might want the sequence preserved. The only way I can see to do that is include an expression field =Counter() in the handheld pathname. :-\

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:24:45 pm »

so i would settle for a folder which contains all the tracks of a playlist even out of sequence.  is your above suggestion my only option?  is there any other way to take all the tracks from a single playlist and put them in a single folder on the handheld device?  and then do the same with the each playlist...

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:03:13 pm »

is your above suggestion my only option?

I don't know. It's my only suggestion. ;)

jaynyc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2011, 04:07:08 pm »

would like to revisit/reopen this thread.   is there any way now, in v16, to reference a playlist name directly?

the ultimate goal is to take all tracks from an MC playlist and export them to a FOLDER on an external drive/device, with the actual tracks all in that folder, not nested.

Pages: [1]   Go Up