INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tracks' rating display - can you change font? - *** Solved ***  (Read 5224 times)

Niacin

Tracks' rating display - can you change font? - *** Solved ***
« on: January 16, 2011, 05:53:48 am »

The current (default) view shows very small stars against each song thus far rated. These stars are only slightly larger than the dots where a track has yet to be rated, making them almost indistinguishable from eachother

Is there any way of making the rated stars more visible - be it a larger font on bolded ?

Thanks

Niacin

Re: Tracks' rating display - can you change font?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 05:24:58 pm »

I've probably answered my own question here. After trying many other fonts and styles, I still cannot get the desired effect - the stars are always less distinct than I would like them to be, whatever the font size.

Never mind!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:26:58 pm »

Did you try adjusting your monitor?

Niacin

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 03:02:20 am »

I didn't but then everything else is OK - it's just those stars  ;D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 05:25:29 am »

The rating stars are not coming from a font. They are defined by a skin element, a png image file. The name of the file is List_Rating.png and it is located in the [MC program location]\Skins\Standard View\[the name of the skin] folder path. For instance, the Thunderstorm and Blue Steel skins have somewhat bigger rating stars.

Here is custom a List_Rating.png file: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=61855 . It is an attempt to create nicely fitting bigger rating star graphics for the Noire skin.

To use it you can create a copy the Noire skin folder. Rename the new folder to Noire Star (for example) and change the name of the skin in the main.xml file to Noire Star (e.g. with Notepad). Naturally any unique name will be fine. Replace the List_Rating.png file with the custom file. The new skin will be available in the View > Skins menu.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Niacin

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:35:45 am »

Ah that's more like it - thanks

The other skins have improved things a lot. I will try the additional Noire add-on as well.

Much obliged

Niacin

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:53 am »

Alex - thanks again.

I have created and applied the new Noire skin with your modification and it works a treat

Good stuff :)

You have performed over and above the level that any user could expect - I couldn't see other Apps support doing this, especially with such rapidity - and certainly not MS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up