INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video wont restart with CCCP spdif  (Read 1339 times)

tech9_79

• Recent member
Video wont restart with CCCP spdif
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:06:55 pm »

I just installed CCCP, and configured.. with ac3 and dts checked in S/pdif Videos(vob's) will only play once(in 5.1). If i stop the video or try to play another MC15 hangs..and says player is not configured for DVD playback(error200). If i close the program and restart i can play again but only once..unchecking fixes the problem after mc restart.

Playback Method J.river
Audio decoders ffds audio decoder
Video decoders ffds video decoder
video renderer  video mixing renderer 9

I have three days left to get MC play correctly.. so far ive spent way to many hours trying to get problem free video play back. With everthing set to automatic i get no 5.1 and very bad judder.  With MS dtv-dvd AD/VD decoders i get 5.1..but jerky playback(i believe pulldown problem) and i would like to be able to use the ffds filters.. 

any advice? after almost 30 days..i would love to have this program but im not sure i can justify the cost if i still cant get it working right.
The wiki is ok..but a manual would be great,  i just dont understand why out of the box it needs so much configuring, it seems like it has more than enough settings to tweak..but man..things like 5.1 not working without settings changed ect..and even in the codecs packs why is mpeg-2 and dts disabled??

any advice i would be grateful for.
Xonar DX Unified Drivers (analog out) to HifimeDiy T3S Win7x64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video wont restart with CCCP spdif
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »

I don't believe that SPDIF has enough bandwidth for 5.1.  Do you have HDMI or optical connections available?

This might help, too:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DirectShow_Playback_Guide:Alternative_Filters#FFDSHOW

tech9_79

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:40:49 pm »

toslink.. i have 5.1 but only with ms decoder(stable), and only once with ffds AD.  thats my main problem right now..  it may not have anything to do with MC but just the cccp build itself.  im sure i can figure it out..but i only have a few days. and its just not in my nature to say "well enough" haha..

right now i have MS dtv-dvd AD and ffds Vd set and i have 5.1. playback seems to be pretty good with VMR9. 

now..i just found one of my dts(only one) movies will not play... 
Xonar DX Unified Drivers (analog out) to HifimeDiy T3S Win7x64

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:44:33 pm »

I think that user jmone posted about this in the last couple of months.  You might try searching.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 09:25:08 am »

I don't believe that SPDIF has enough bandwidth for 5.1.  Do you have HDMI or optical connections available?

This is not correct.  Optical is SPDIF.  There are two "types" of SPDIF connectors and cables, optical (TOSLINK) and coax, but they are effectively identical in function, and both can handle AC3 and DTS compressed 5.1 audio (Dolby Digital class, not Dolby TrueHD or DTS-MA class).  The only functional differences between using optical cables and coax for SPDIF connections is that optical cables are fragile (stepping on one can ruin it) and length limited, but are immune to RF interference and ground loop problems like coax (and any electrical link).  In practice, if you use a high-quality cable, coax is more versatile and convenient.

What do you have Tools -> Options -> Video -> Audio for Video -> Playback Device set to?

I have a problem with my setup where if I set this option to "Same as Audio" and the audio playback engine is set to WASAPI, then occasionally video playback will fail and I have to close and re-open MC to get it "fixed".  This happens most often when I Skip Forward/Back through a video file a lot.  Playing the audio for video back via DirectShow works flawlessly.

Otherwise, I'd try updating your audio device drivers.  That sounds suspiciously like a driver issue locking up the SPDIF interface.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up