INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.173 -- Available here  (Read 8461 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.173 -- Available here
« on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:13 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.  

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150173.exe

15.0.173 (1/6/2011)

1. Fixed: If thumbnails were not built for files, Action Window > Tag > Image could incorrectly report <various internal images>.
2. Fixed: Pausing playback on DLNA to the JRiver Id didn't work.

15.0.172 (1/5/2011)

1. Fixed: "DVD Menu" item on OSD menu was shown without any text or graphics during DVD playback.
2. Fixed: Build 171 did not contain a digital signature.

15.0.171 (12/20/2010)

1. Changed: Minor license changes.
2. Fixed: Audio CUE files were being read with ANSI encoding so non-English characters were not displayed correctly.

15.0.170 (12/17/2010)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, a 'Default' entry would not always be available in the list of libraries, making it hard to switch back to the default library after creating a custom library.
2. Changed: When connected to a DLNA library, the program will consider itself connected and show 'Disconnect From Library' in the menu instead of requiring selection of the last library from the libraries menu to disconnect.
3. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
4. Changed: Google Nexus S appears with the proper name and image instead of showing as a generic Android (may require a redetect of devices).
5. Fixed: Track Info visualizations shows a missing image instead of the logo when playing tracks with no cover art.
6. Fixed: DLNA Server, subtitles (.srt and perhaps .sub) for some BD players requiring the DLNAExtra setting (i.e. Samsung BD-Cx500). May help others as well.

15.0.169 (12/16/2010)

1. Fixed: Restoring library backup settings would not work properly (only applies to last few builds).
2. Changed: OSD menu items are reordered.
3. Changed: On initial invocation of OSD menu, up arrow shows Position OSD, down arrow shows Playing Now (Programs for TV) OSD.  Subsequent invocation of OSD menu behaves the same as before - showing menu item last shown.  Additional pressing of arrows while the menu is on cycles through the menu as before.

15.0.168 (12/15/2010)

1. Changed: "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine will list monitor frequencies as low as 24 Hz.
2. Changed: Added "Desktop Settings" to the top of "Change Display Settings" context menu in video engine.
3. Changed: Revised wording of access key option in Options > Media Network.
4. Fixed: Stopping of UDP-based servers for Media Network would sometimes hard-kill a server thread instead of gracefully close it (please report any issues with DLNA device detection).
5. Fixed: Volume OSD was displayed at the beginning of video playback if video was played right after stopping television playback.
6. Changed: Television Programs OSD will display channel name alone if there is no programming info, instead of showing "<no programming info>".
7. Fixed: It was possible to rip a CD while connected to Library Server by using the view header rip button, even though the Action Window would correctly report that the feature is disabled when connected to a library.
8. SDK: Targeting an invalid zone with an MCWS playback command could cause a crash.
9. SDK: ZoneType was not supported properly for some MCWS functions.
10. NEW: The player display area at the top of the program allows the token [Volume] to show the current volume level.

15.0.167 (12/10/2010)

1. Fixed: Cover Art lookup / submission was not available in build 165 and 166.
2. NEW: MCWS/v1/Values uses fuzzy matching and can sort matches by relevance (used by Gizmo).

15.0.166 (12/10/2010)

1. Changed: Improved handling of AIFF files with an invalid block size specified in their SSND header (affected samples from Bravura Records).
2. Fixed: WAV playback issue (only applies to build 165).

15.0.165 (12/9/2010)

1. Fixed: Television playback was broken in build 164.
2. Changed: Made DLNA engine more tolerant of device failures, so a device is less likely to be removed.
3. Changed: Television program cleanup of old programs as specified by subscription options happens each 8 hours instead of only on program shutdown (only happens when no recording or playback is taking place).
4. Fixed: The response to SSDP UDP notifications would unnecessarily return a 500 server error code.
5. Fixed: The program could create unnecessary C:\My Music, C:\My Pictures, and C:\My Videos folders on run.
6. Fixed: Playback of live HTTP WAV or L16 streams did not work nicely (used when acting as a DLNA renderer).

15.0.164 (12/8/2010)

1. Changed: Reworked code that validates the main program's size and visibility so launching after changing monitor configurations will not result in a hidden or oversized window.
2. Fixed: M4a audio was played in video engine instead of audio engine if Playback Method was set to "Automatic".
3. Fixed: M4a audio failed to convert to other formats due to the bug in item 2 above.
4. Fixed: When playing to a DLNA renderer that does not reliably support eventing, playback would not always advance if the renderer was not the active zone.
5. Changed: Reduced the time between track changes for DLNA devices that do not support eventing.
6. NEW: The amount of edge cropping (with the "Crop Edges" option, which is now also available in DVD playback) is now configurable (under General Video Settings).
7. Fixed: Possible dead-locks when switching tabs that contained certain views.
8. SDK: Update MCWS/v1/Library/Values so that it can filter matches, return multiple fields, and sort matches by quality (allows [search suggestions in Gizmo, etc.).

15.0.163 (12/7/2010)

1. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
2. Changed: Improved support for DLNA device volume control for devices that use a volume range other than 0 to 100 (Philips NP2500, etc.).
3. Fixed: The MCWS volume calls would allow setting the volume to more than 100% (Spinal Tap).
4. Fixed: Attached DLNA devices could fail to appear or could take a few minutes to appear, especially when running a local media server.
5. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Playback/Playlist to a standard files function so it can return MPL (use &Action=Serialize to return previous serialized format).
6. SDK: Changed MCWS/v1/Library/Values to use 'Item' instead of 'Value' to be more consistent with other functions.
7. Fixed: Switching from Theater View or image playback to Standard View to certain threaded views could hang (only a problem in last few builds).
8. NEW: Added support for MSB byte-ordered integer audio formats to the ASIO output plugin (Int16MSB, Int24MSB, Int32MSB16, Int32MSB18, Int32MSB20, Int32MSB24, Int32MSB).
9. Changed: DLNA server, more accurate detection of videos that can be played without transcoding for WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360).
10. Fixed: DLNA server, WMC compatible devices (Xbox 360) were not presenting all avi's that could be played without conversion.
11. Fixed: Enabling Dolby Digital output in DSP Studio when using ASIO could cause a crash.
12. Changed: Improved efficiency of ASIO buffer filling system.
13. Changed: Significantly improved performance of JRiver URL Reader filter for YouTube playback.
14. Fixed: When deleting a list item in Theater View, the file info panel image could go away until manually selecting a different item.

15.0.162 (12/6/2010)

1. Fixed: Doing a fresh install with build 160 or 161 would not work (uninstall, reboot, and reinstall this build if you have this problem)
2. Fixed: The uninstaller could have visual gaps on the window border using the Noire skin.
3. Changed: Samsung Galaxy Tab appears with a full name and image instead of as a generic Android (may require redetect of devices).

15.0.161 (12/3/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA Server, PS3 video "convert when necessary" add xvid as natively playable media.
2. Fixed: Possible rare crash when DLNA devices left the network.
3. SDK: Added 'AccessKey' to MCWS/v1/Alive response.
4. Changed: Reverted to using a simple reader instead of a more sophisticated buffering reader for Library Server audio playback (new reader to return later).

HiFiTubes

Re: Media Center 15.0.173 -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:10 pm »

What does "ID" stand for?

Pausing playback on DLNA to the Id.

Internet Destination? Device? IP Device?

Hope this solves my DLNA problem....(fingers crossed)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 01:11:49 pm »

KoolADE

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 05:15:11 pm »

Hey,
I've been having a significant issue ever since version 172, but haven't had time until now to sit down and look hard at it.
My library server no longer works. Every Media Center client that connects to the server crashes after downloading the library.
On the library server itself, I can load and use the program normally. But I have tried connecting with 4 different computers, and all of them crash at the same point in the loading process.

I'm pasting the last 10 lines of the log file from one of the client computers. As you can see, there is a "general" exception at the end.

Any ideas what's going on?
Thanks in advance.

0023656: 4760: Database: CMediaFileIOLoad::Load: Loading: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Connected Library\view state (index).jmd
0023656: 4760: Database: CMediaFileIOLoad::Load: Loading: C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 15\Connected Library\view state temporary (index).jmd
0023656: 4760: Database: MCDB::Load: Success -- updating after load
0023672: 4760: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Stack Top; Files: 18119; Pointer bytes: 3704; Data bytes: 4168; Elapsed ms: 0.406
0023672: 4760: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Library Server URL; Files: 18119; Pointer bytes: 0; Data bytes: 48; Elapsed ms: 0.257
0023672: 4760: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Library Server Key; Files: 18119; Pointer bytes: 0; Data bytes: 48; Elapsed ms: 0.242
0023672: 4760: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Stack View; Files: 18119; Pointer bytes: 3704; Data bytes: 4168; Elapsed ms: 0.290
0023672: 4760: Database: CDataHolder::Load: Field: Stack Files; Files: 18119; Pointer bytes: 2672; Data bytes: 4168; Elapsed ms: 0.318
0023687: 4760: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0023687: 4760: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 1025, wParam: 1, lParam: 0, Window class: JRiver Bar Class

HiFiTubes

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 09:44:26 pm »

I reported a problem since .171? where playback is dropping and files can't then be located. Can you guys please look into what's going on with LS, it's such a huge feature, but crippled right now.

globetrotters1

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 08:55:41 am »

since the new version of tag handling there is a clear bug around which clearly breaks my work flow over and over again

- in the left-hand tag action window
- if I use the <TAB> key to enter a value and move to the next value

- BELOW 100 tracks it works correctly (fills in the value and moves to the next line)
- OVER 100 tracks it works incorrectly/different (leaves the value empty and moves to the next line)

do I have to make screen shots to make this bug clearly understandable?

thanks

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »

I downloaded 173 today.  I am in the process of rating some songs.  It hangs up when I hit the next button (the window freezes and I can't do anything).  Most of the time I can double click a song on the list and I don't have that problem on occasion it crops up there too.  It also is very slow in moving to the next song on the list.

Tunetyme

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 01:34:12 pm »

You might take a look at the log to see what it's doing.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 04:30:26 pm »

I didn't have the log active.  I cleaned up the registry and defragged it rebooted and it is working right now.  I have activated the logs if this should reoccur.

Tunetyme

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 10:02:34 am »

I may have identified the problem.  I ran convert to "Upper Case" on my entire database just prior to the problem showing up.  In that I included Artist, Album, Name and filename.  I got an error message saying that with filename you may cause the files to be moved.  I ignored the message thinking that everything was in their folders by artist\album and the only thing I was changing was was the case on the names.  Apparently it did make some new folders with the exact same name as the existing album folder.  One folder had the cover art the other had the song.  How is possible to create the same named folder in the same directory?  This occurred with the various artists folders as I create a separate folder for each artist when I rip a various CD.  Still checking into this.  BTW is there an easy fix for me to locate the affected files and directories?

I am sure MC had a difficult time dealing with folders of the same name in the same sub-directory.  Is there a means to keep this from happening again besides the obvious of not running "Upper Case" on filename?

Tunetyme

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 09:47:16 pm »

1) Options --> Library & Folders --> Configure Auto Import --> Edit --> File Types

attempt to add check marks to other file types and the Audio catagory expands instead of allowing the other file type to be checked.

2) JR Worker gets flagged as malware by AVG Internet Security.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 06:52:11 am »

2) JR Worker gets flagged as malware by AVG Internet Security.
Please report it to them.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:08 am »

I discovered how there is the same name for a sub-directory.  There is a double space which was replaced by a single space.  This wasn't visible because of the word wrap.  I discovered a great little tool called SizeExplorer Pro.  It can provide a complete listing of all file folders and files that help identify the problem folders.  I have 29,904 files in 6,379 folders.  Of course the problem didn't occur with single discs but various artist discs with up to 8 discs per problem.  All in all it looks like approximately 400 folders had to be corrected or a little over 6%.  While it has been a multi-day pain in the butt, however, the benefit is, my file structure is now standardized.

As I have been cleaning up the files stability has returned to MC.  If I can suggest, the operations on filename are an incredibly powerful tool in MC.  It would be nice if there was a way to see the modifications being recommended or a report of the changes so one can go back and do some clean up if needed. I still have one Various artist 3 CD set where the folder with the cover art is still there but I can't find the music.  Any idea where MC would put it?  I've tried importing and still can't find it.

Tunetyme

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 10:36:49 am »

Please report it to them.

I attempted to report this to AVG, however since I did not allow AVG to send JR Worker to the 'Virus Vault' I am not able to use the only apparent method of reporting such events.

I have removed JR Worker form the 'white list" so it can get flagged again so I can report it, now how do I initiate a JR Worker action so I can isolate it during an operation which is non-critical to my library?
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 11:02:24 am »

I attempted to report this to AVG, however since I did not allow AVG to send JR Worker to the 'Virus Vault' I am not able to use the only apparent method of reporting such events.

I have removed JR Worker form the 'white list" so it can get flagged again so I can report it, now how do I initiate a JR Worker action so I can isolate it during an operation which is non-critical to my library?

See: http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum?sec=thread&act=show&id=144099
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

AoXoMoXoA

. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2011, 12:27:38 pm »

The AVG version that is used at "VirusTotal" does not detect the JRworker.exe file from this build as malware or virus. Nor does any other of the used virus scanners.

The test results: Link
File name: JRWorker.exe
Submission date: 2011-01-25 18:15:41 (UTC)
Current status: finished
Result: 0/ 43 (0.0%)

Perhaps AVG has already updated their definitions or their background scanner works in a different way.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2011, 01:48:56 pm »

The AVG version that is used at "VirusTotal" does not detect the JRworker.exe file from this build as malware or virus. Nor does any other of the used virus scanners.

The test results: Link
Perhaps AVG has already updated their definitions or their background scanner works in a different way.

I was using AVG Internet Security 2011, ver. 10.0.1202 on a fresh WinXP install. I removed JR Worker from the white-list before I saw MrC's post, so I guess I will get to see if JR Worker gets flagged again next time it becomes active.
. . . the game is rigged

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2011, 07:05:58 pm »

Heuristic virus scans can result in things like this even with identical definitions, and I've found that AVG's system to be one of the least consistent ones around.  I've seen it give false positives on one machine, and then not on the same file on a nearly identical configuration right next to it.

Not that AVG is terrible or anything.  But, personally... I don't see why anyone wouldn't just use Microsoft Security Essentials.  MC's minor issues with it aside, MSSE is generally very well-behaved for an AV system, free, and has quite competitive detection rates (and, perhaps more importantly, low false positive rates).  The new version 2.0 made it even better.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2011, 01:16:42 am »

Hi!

Is it possible to get the drop menu (with search result) from search window to show when you click?
or a choice in option, some build have it but cant remember witch..

thanks!

HiFiTubes

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2011, 07:52:12 am »

I think this is a bug.

Album View, drill into an artist with the arrow in File list, and Tiles are shown for that Artist but now I'm in Genre view, so when I click albums I lose the search.

I started in Albums, viewing albums, why can't I view albums? I get bumped out to my 1st View Scheme which is Genre.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2011, 06:00:05 pm »

I just upgraded to 173 and have a problem.

As I'm playing through the tracks the Track Info display is one track behind. That is, it shows the info for the previous track that played, not the current one.

Related to this, it seems I can't change the Track Info template. I have a custom one that I normally use. I wanted to test that the above problem happens for other views as well, so I switched to Noire, but it's still showing my template. I let it sit and play out the track and when it switched to the next track it finally switched to Noire (although still showing the previous track info, not the new one).

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2011, 01:48:42 am »

Bug?

Create a smartlist and add a calculated user library field to the sort table.  The smartlist wizard allows you to add the field, but it not only has no effect on the final sort, when you reopen the wizard, the field has been dropped from the sort list....

Similarly, you can manually set the sort order by clicking the column header in the view pane, but if you navigate away and back to the view, the sort setting is "forgotten"...

HiFiTubes

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2011, 11:39:31 am »

Tags being written to files, during which I submitted 10 tracks to YADB, and now I can't access MC but that tag counter is still running and counting down.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:50 am »

Tags being written to files, during which I submitted 10 tracks to YADB, and now I can't access MC but that tag counter is still running and counting down.
Maybe a firewall problem?

HiFiTubes

« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2011, 12:21:58 pm »

Maybe a firewall problem?

I'm now stuck at 1 tag remaining and no dedicated or Windows firewall. Will have to kill Mc and look at log.

johnwalsh

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 09:50:27 am »

I purchased jriver media center last week and downloaded the program.  I could not get it to install.  It just goes to the restore window.  I think the install key is for jriver media center 16 (Media Center 147....mjr)??.  the email message also says "Thank you for your purchase of media center 16 from JRiver, Inc for $26.98.  I called the corporate support phone number and was told that Media Center 16 has not yet been!  Being confused, I tried restore 3 times and so have fewer restores left.  How do I deal with this??  Please advise.

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:15 pm »

Anyone else having MC15 crashing when starting G-Force (v4.13)? G-Force standalone and plugin for other media players working fine.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »

Did you try updating G-Force?

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 06:48:51 pm »

Yes, running the current version. Have uninstalled and reinstalled both MC15 and G-Force.

kurushi

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 07:03:31 pm »

Hi,sometimes videos haven't sound but when i switch to wasapi or direct sound sound is ok it depend on films but my films have always sound with wmplayer.

-I run MC15 onWin seven 64 bit
-My soundcard is a Realtek high definition.
-I have just made a fresh install of mc15.
-I have installed Asio4all (don't think it's the cause but just in case...)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2011, 07:14:49 pm »

Hi,sometimes videos haven't sound but when i switch to wasapi or direct sound sound is ok it depend on films but my films have always sound with wmplayer.

-I run MC15 onWin seven 64 bit
-My soundcard is a Realtek high definition.
-I have just made a fresh install of mc15.
-I have installed Asio4all (don't think it's the cause but just in case...)
In MC options for Video, check the audio settings.  Try changing them.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 08:34:44 pm »

I normally run MC with several Tabs open all the time.

Playing Now, Audio, Images, Video in that order if it makes a difference. Although MC's startup options are set to the Last Location, MC always replaces the Audio tab with the Start tab when I switch libraries. Can this be made to honor my settings and not place the Start page among my tabs?  

My settings and this behavior span all my libraries

. . . the game is rigged

Adhoc

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 11:26:14 am »

The majority of my music files have a sampling of 44.1 KHz/16 bits, few 44.1 KHz/24 bits and 48 KHz/24 bits.

My DAC is the new version of the AYRE QB-9, the operating system of my PC is Windows 7 and I downloaded the Thesycon USB 2.0 driver recommended by Ayre.

I am evaluating the version 15.0.173 of Media Center. The output mode setting is on ASIO.

It works very well 99% of the time. However sometime I am not able to play a file and the following message appears:  ‘’Direct Show: Playback could not be started on the output ASIO using the format 44100, 64 bits per sample, and 2 channels’’.

I have to disconnect the USB cable from the DAC and reconnect it to return in normal operation.
Do you have an idea of the problem?

Thanks!

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:58 pm »

Bug: cover art display problem

MC15 .172 and .173 exhibit the same problem:

1...start MC15
2...default view is recent albums
3...click on playing now
4...click on play
5...track starts to play, but cover art is not displayed (view is Track Info -> Dreamstate)
6...Next track cover art comes up fine in normal play
7...If I go to next track and to previous track, the cover art is displayed correctly

==
roognation
human electrode

RainCaster

• Recent member
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 12:45:43 pm »

I am trying out MC15 as a fresh install, and I am unable to import WMVs or WMAs. The machine in a Small Business Server 2008, and the music files are a clone of the music drive that is running MC14 on my SBS 2003 server. There are about 10,000 or so of these files I would really like to have in my library.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 01:23:04 pm »

I am trying out MC15 as a fresh install, and I am unable to import WMVs or WMAs. The machine in a Small Business Server 2008, and the music files are a clone of the music drive that is running MC14 on my SBS 2003 server. There are about 10,000 or so of these files I would really like to have in my library.
Please start a new thread.  I don't think this is a bug.

Make sure your import settings include the directories and filetypes.

Sauzee

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2011, 03:31:09 am »

Search

Control F shortcut doesn't work properly. Example - i have a subview scheme of audio called recently imported. If i hit control F it takes me to the search box in that view scheme. In MC 14 it took me to the search box in the parent Audio view scheme.

So Control F doesn't search all audio files anymore, but only the files in the current view scheme.

NB - this doesn't apply to playing now view where Control F works correctly.

joa_mb190

• Recent member
  • bubba
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 11:36:10 am »

I miss one function in Smartlist view,  list style=Album Thumbnails,
if you click on a album should the details view start under and show all files in that album!
You have this function in Audio view. It is possibly to get that feature?

Adhoc

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 12:57:06 pm »

Bug after ripping

After a ripping I cannot play an audio file.
The following message appears:  ‘’Playback could not be started on the output ASIO using the format 44100, 64 bits per sample, and 2 channels’’.
 I have to disconnect the USB cable from the DAC and reconnect it to return in normal operation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up