INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Handheld sync to network share creates endless duplicates  (Read 1467 times)

jlar310

• Recent member
Handheld sync to network share creates endless duplicates
« on: January 29, 2011, 06:34:07 pm »

MC 15.0.173

I have a "handheld" that is a network path on a NAS device. I need to convert FLAC to MP3 for an older network player that can not handle FLAC. My source files for the sync are also on the same NAS device, but in a different folder of course.

After an initial sync, the files will say "On Device", but if I click Recheck sync, they go back to "In Queue". And after running the sync again, all the files are duplicated with (1) in the file name to avoid overwriting. Repeating again, just makes (2) files and so on and so on and so on.

For my purposes, sync is broken and unusable.

At first I thought maybe the new conversion cache was at fault, so I disabled that -- no change.

This setup was working fine under the latest MC14.  

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Handheld sync to network share creates endless duplicates
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:39:22 pm »

Sounds like it might be a permissions issue.  Are you sure you have full ownership and r/w permissions on the network share?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 08:42:56 pm »

Yes, I have full permissions.

I have been working for a while with this setup using MC14. I only just recently installed MC15 because I was getting frustrated with some crashes in MC14. But the sync issue, unfortunately, is a showstopper for MC15. I had not yet uninstalled MC14, so I went back to that and my sync works as expected.

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 08:08:06 am »

If I reconfigure the destination as a mapped drive letter, it works. But I still think there is something wrong with MC here. Has anyone even checked into this?

I tried a test with a new empty network folder and made it into a handheld, then synced a short playlist. When it was done, every file said "Complete" as expected. I clicked "Recheck Sync" and every single file went back to "In Queue".

I am using an Iomega ix2-200 NAS device which runs a Linux platform. Could that be part of the problem? (If that is the problem, then why does mapping the drive to a letter solve it?)

For the record, I consider the mapped drive solution to be a workaround. It should work with the UNC path directly. It worked for MC14.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 01:46:16 pm »

I'm having the same issue with all my handhelds when syncing over the library server.

See: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=60138.msg417055#msg417055

jlar310

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 04:38:37 pm »

My real handhelds sync fine. I am just having issues with syncing to a network path.
Pages: [1]   Go Up