INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Tagging didnt change the file tags  (Read 1854 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
[SOLVED] Tagging didnt change the file tags
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:41:43 pm »

I went labored through retagging ALL of my files' genres in MC.  It took at least a week or so.

I just looked at some tags outside of MC and none of the actual files were changed.

Of course in MC everything looks fine.  But in Foobar and in the files themselves, nothing was changed.

Please help!!!

Thanks,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

rick.ca

Re: Tagging didnt change the file tags
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:01 pm »

Unless you've selected the option to Update tags when file information changes, it won't happen until you Update tags (from library).

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2011, 10:15:00 pm »

aha.  WHEW!!!

I was worried it was all for naught.

Can I do that to 90K songs all at once?

thx,
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

joh

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 06:50:25 am »

theoretically you should be able to update 90k songs all at once. It will however take some time (for me with all files on a NAS it seems to take one min / 250 tracks or so). I would recommend doing it in batches.

221bBS

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:26:26 am »

Unless you've selected the option to Update tags when file information changes, it won't happen until you Update tags (from library).
After you enable "Update tags when file information changes", select the files you want to update and right click > Library Tools > Update tags (from library)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:21 pm »

theoretically you should be able to update 90k songs all at once. It will however take some time (for me with all files on a NAS it seems to take one min / 250 tracks or so). I would recommend doing it in batches.

I'd just do them all at once.  I've done huge 13k batches before with no ill effects.  Just let it run and walk away.

If you want to be sure to avoid issues, before you start, manually reset the permissions/ownership in Windows on the files.  Then, close the dialog, re-open it (you have to do this annoyingly, even in Windows 7) and remove any read-only status in bulk for the whole folder structure.  Also, make sure nothing is playing in MC (even paused) or any other application actively using the files.  That ought to cover most of the bases, but if any files fail to tag, MC will give you a list which you can (I believe) copy to the clipboard.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 10:20:58 pm »

DONE!!!!  Thanks for the help all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up