INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC15 crashing for no obvious reason [solved by uninstalling IE9 RC]  (Read 1593 times)

Matt22

• Recent member

I tried opening J River (latest version) a minute ago and it crashes (splash screen appears for a second and then a Windows error message saying it isn't responding) every time I try. I tried a re-install and the same thing happens.

I'm on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and this has only started happening today. I don't remember installing anything recently that would have affected it tbh so I'm stumped....

Also, I read on another thread about MC16 beta...whereabouts is it? I was thinking of trying it (mainly cause MC15 isn't working atm) but I can't seem to find it.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Cheers
Re: MC15 crashing for no obvious reason
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 08:59:03 pm »

Don't know if this will help but go to C:\users\*yourusername*\AppData\Roaming\J River\  and .bak the "Media Center 15" folder this will cause a fresh boot of Media Center and may fix the problem. When you uninstall the previously mentioned folder does not get deleted and I have fixed a couple of odd problems this way.
If it doesn't make a difference you still have the folder there for when the problem is rectified, if it does fix the problem then there is something in that folder that is causing an issue. When it has worked for me I have never been able to figure out what it was and just wrote it off as a corrupt file and restored one of my library backups.
Sean

Matt22

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:03:55 pm »

I don't really understand what you mean by .bak the folder...

But anyway, I ended up doing a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 (because there was so many other problems/glitches etc) last night and I'm still getting the same thing...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 12:05:24 pm »

IE9?

Matt22

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 12:44:36 pm »

Ah yeah. That was it. I uninstalled IE9 and J River loaded up fine.

Also, will we be getting the MC16 beta through MC15 updates? Or are we going to have to come to the forum and download it?

I was just thinking but a good option to have in the options menu would be to say you wanted to update to beta versions or stable versions. So if you chose stable, you wouldn't get MC16 till it was finalized. And if you chose Beta, you would get MC16 beta builds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up