INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help! Video output rotates with Netflix playback  (Read 2601 times)

jmcafee

• Recent member
Help! Video output rotates with Netflix playback
« on: February 20, 2011, 04:01:14 am »

Go to Netflix from Theater View. Start playback of a title from the Instant Queue. The player initially starts up in a normal landscape orientation while buffering. Once the movie starts the entire video output rotates 90 degrees! Back out of the viewer to the Netflix queue (in Theater view), and the display remains rotated.

I must use the systray applet for the display (integrated graphics for Intel Core i5) to explicitly return the display to the correct orientation. Graphic drivers and Silverlight are up to date.

A post about 6 months ago also mentioned this behavior, but there was no explanation.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Help! Video output rotates with Netflix playback
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 07:32:23 am »

Go to Netflix from Theater View. Start playback of a title from the Instant Queue. The player initially starts up in a normal landscape orientation while buffering. Once the movie starts the entire video output rotates 90 degrees! Back out of the viewer to the Netflix queue (in Theater view), and the display remains rotated.

I must use the systray applet for the display (integrated graphics for Intel Core i5) to explicitly return the display to the correct orientation. Graphic drivers and Silverlight are up to date.
It sounds like a driver problem.  Try letting Windows update it.

jmcafee

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:43:32 pm »

Jim,

As indicated in the OP, the drivers are 100% up to date.

No problem when Netflix is accessed via a FF browser external to MC (I don't normally run IE). The problem is exclusive to MC.

Anything else to try?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 06:27:30 am »

Latest doesn't mean best.

We had a similar problem that was solved by uninstalling the driver and letting Windows install a new one.

I can't think what else it could be.  Sorry.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 05:05:00 pm »

bump
Pages: [1]   Go Up