INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: noob with database sync query  (Read 1381 times)

bobbi

noob with database sync query
« on: February 21, 2011, 06:50:42 pm »

Good evening all,

I am new to using j.river. Have been playing around with the demo for now 10 days.
After sifting through the forums I cannot find an answer to my question.

After leaving foobar player, was told on ABI to try j.river...
So far loving the whole package. Its simply astonishing what its capable of.
What I am after in particular is a solution to my problem.

The scenario
I have got over about 250 cd's ripped in flac on a htpc, which i use to play on an old iAudio X5 hdd based player. not all at once..lol (got fried)
I have now a 32gb cowon j3. I have converted most of the flacs to decent ogg on my day2day pc. Allows me to have decent sound with more music and going from lossles to ogg is great.

My music taste is changing day to day. I tend to delete ogg music very often and what I need is a database sync that allows either in realtime (when both pc's can see each other) or
sync at at appropriate times to automatically delete the flac equivalent, may be with a prompt check.
At the moment I have to sift through two databases/folders deleting the same file twice of different formats.

As now most of my flac is done to ogg. When i get new cd's I have to manually rip twice. The HTPC stored flac's are used to play though an amp system and are backups at the same time.
Can j.river also rip automatically into two different formats and put the files into separate folders.
I like to be very efficient at what I do and these two things are the most time consuming.

Thanks for your help

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: noob with database sync query
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 09:02:25 am »

Welcome to Interact.

To help with your issue, you might investigate 'Stacks'.

You stack your lossless and lossy file in Media Center.  When you move or tag one, the program automatically updates the other files in the stack.  Normally the lossy copy is hidden from you, but it's used at handheld transfer time.

The handheld engine can create and stack files automatically if you configure it in Options > Handheld.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up