INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Requests for Rename, Move, & Copy Files  (Read 1411 times)

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Requests for Rename, Move, & Copy Files
« on: February 21, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »

• Destination Profiles to allow quick selection of target locations as described in these posts.
  • Move/Copy cover art (and other directory files) when the directory changes as described in this post.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Requests for Rename, Move, & Copy Files
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 10:37:30 pm »

Since we're just throwing things in here... I'd also like to see better support for stacked files (so that multiple different bitrates of different files don't end up with (1) at the end of the filename).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 11:27:58 am »

I would also like to see a "move" command that lets me move stuff right out of the library and have it updated all in a single one smooth move. With v15 - I have to move the files and then delete the references to them - in two separate moves...which can get a bit cumbersome if I find myself moving lots of files out of any given library.

Cheers,

VP

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 04:31:57 pm »

I would also like to see a "move" command that lets me move stuff right out of the library and have it updated all in a single one smooth move. With v15 - I have to move the files and then delete the references to them - in two separate moves...which can get a bit cumbersome if I find myself moving lots of files out of any given library.

+1

If the directory is set up for auto-import, it will eventually update things, but sometimes I find it too slow. Also, if you're working in a temp directory that isn't set up for auto-import, it never re-syncs.

I've also seen some other weirdness when things change between the library and the disc, but I'll have to do some further investigation and I'll start a new post if there is an issue (let's keep this on focused on Rename, Move & Copy Files.)

bspisak

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 05:08:28 pm »

Another missing feature is the ability to leave Base Path blank and have MC just update the directory/file based on tags.

E.g.,

Directories:
   Base Path: <blank>
   Rule: [Artist]/[Album]

Filename:
   Rule: [Name]

My library has multiple base paths (based on where the music came from). Many times as I'm cleaning things up, I just want to update the directory/file based on tags and not actually move it from the base path in which in currently resides. MC forces me to match the base path to the one that currently exists. It works, but is a bit of an inconvenience.

Cheers!
Pages: [1]   Go Up