INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to Upgrade to MC16 ($26.98)  (Read 19201 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade to MC16 for $22.98 until March 28
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2011, 06:53:11 am »

It should work.  Thanks.

will.atkins

« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2011, 07:19:48 pm »

Hi,

On 27th Feb I upgraded to mc16... the payment went through (with paypal) and I installed the new licence.

I reinstalled windows this week and when I try to restore my licence it says it is not valid with this version of media center.

It seems when I restore from my original registration key I get a mc15 licence (this no longer works on mc16) but I was not emailed a new reg key when I upgraded?

Can you help?

Thanks

ps. Great work with the new beta

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2011, 08:52:52 pm »

Thanks.  You have two licenses, one for MC15 and one for MC16.  See the purchase link above for instructions on how to have your licenses e-mailed to you.  Post again here if you have a problem.

will.atkins

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »

I entered my email correctly here: https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore_email.cgi?displayemail=1

The next page said "Your Registration Codes have been mailed. It may take a few minutes for delivery."

I've waited 8 hours (I've checked my junk folders as well) and I've not received an email?

Strange...

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: April 03, 2011, 12:45:30 pm »

Wrong email?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: April 03, 2011, 01:44:33 pm »

I entered my email correctly here: https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore_email.cgi?displayemail=1

The next page said "Your Registration Codes have been mailed. It may take a few minutes for delivery."

I've waited 8 hours (I've checked my junk folders as well) and I've not received an email?

Strange...
I've just entered your forum e-mail (for which there are both MC15 and MC16 licenses) in option #2 here:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore_email.cgi?displayemail=1

You should have received your Registration Codes by now.

will.atkins

« Reply #56 on: April 03, 2011, 06:51:04 pm »

Ah, totally my fault, just looked through about 1000 spamming addresses in my blocked sender list. Found buy-button@jriver.com in there. Probably hotmail thought it was spam a while back and I blocked all the senders in the junk folder without checking.

Sorry about this.

Good luck with MC16

Will

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2011, 06:51:54 pm »

Thanks for the report.

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2011, 12:27:37 pm »

sale still going??

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2011, 02:40:56 pm »

It's still $22.98.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2011, 04:28:00 pm »

FWIW, an upgrade purchase ran just fine for me today.

My browser (Opera 11.01) insisted on saving the mjr file as an exe.  Once I renamed it to the expected mjr MC loaded it as expected.

Forgisound

• Recent member
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2011, 02:33:31 am »

Hello,
a week ago I bought the JRiver Media Center 15th Now I have to pay to upgrade to version 16?  ?

In version 16, if passed would only have been solved that occasionally happens to play music recording interruption. It is necessary to press pause, then play goes smoothly. This bug quite irritating. Reproduction is going through a USB cable to M2Tech Young DAC.

I commend JRiver Media Center, because it sounds better than Foobar2000. Tried the same setup, with WASAPI drivers on both programs.  :D

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2011, 02:50:38 am »

Hello,
a week ago I bought the JRiver Media Center 15th Now I have to pay to upgrade to version 16?

All MC15 buyers have received an MC16 license for several months now. The license is valid for MC15 and MC16.

From the change log:
Tuesday, December 21, 2010

15.0.171 (12/20/2010)

1. Changed: The program will purchase a v16 license instead of a v15 license.
2. Changed: The program will work with a v15 or v16 license.

You can find more info here: http://www.jriver.com/purchase.html

In version 16, if passed would only have been solved that occasionally happens to play music recording interruption. It is necessary to press pause, then play goes smoothly. This bug quite irritating. Reproduction is going through a USB cable to M2Tech Young DAC.

Have you tried to change the output mode settings? Here are some instructions: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/DAC_Settings. Please start a new thread for this issue. It is off-topic in this thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 05:37:58 am »

Unexpected but I just upgraded to v16 and got the reduced upgrade price :D

Thanks for the hard work guys and for one of the best support I've ever seen for any product.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 08:20:18 am »

Unexpected but I just upgraded to v16 and got the reduced upgrade price :D

Thanks for the hard work guys and for one of the best support I've ever seen for any product.
Thank you.

greynolds

Re: Upgrade to MC16 for $26.98
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2011, 06:54:38 pm »

Though I'll probably pay for the upgrade to MC16, I do wish that you guys would send out an email notification to existing customers when you're releasing a new version so people who don't read the forum on a regular basis know that a new version is out and can also get the best discount on it.  Unless I'm running into a problem, I prefer to spend my time using the software rather than reading the forum.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2011, 06:58:04 pm »

Though I'll probably pay for the upgrade to MC16, I do wish that you guys would send out an email notification to existing customers when you're releasing a new version ....
We did that back in March, but it sometimes gets treated as SPAM. 

rick.ca

« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2011, 07:15:55 pm »

Maybe a Google Alert for [site:http://yabb.jriver.com/ "upgrade to MC16"] would have done the trick. :-\

greynolds

« Reply #68 on: May 09, 2011, 07:17:18 pm »

We did that back in March, but it sometimes gets treated as SPAM. 
That's odd - I received the message you sent me just a few minutes ago, but never received anything from you guys announcing the new version back in March (and it's been the same for previous new versions - I've always had to stumble across them on the forum and have rarely been lucky enough to check at the right time to get the best upgrade price).  Since I have my own software that I sell (not as my main source of income, but enough to generate some play money), I'm very careful about checking the contents of my spam folder before I delete those messages just in case something important gets flagged incorrectly.

greynolds

« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2011, 07:20:26 pm »

Maybe a Google Alert for [site:http://yabb.jriver.com/ "upgrade to MC16"] would have done the trick. :-\
That would probably work, but if they're sending out notifications to people, it shouldn't be needed.  It would make more sense to figure out why those notifications aren't reaching everyone.

rick.ca

« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2011, 09:14:04 pm »

It would make more sense to figure out why those notifications aren't reaching everyone.

You're not alone in believing that, but that doesn't make it so. There are things they can try to figure out, and they do try. But, in the end, there's no way they can predict or control what your ISP or your mail client is going to do with a broadcast message.

A more effective solution would be a notification system built into the program. But then the complaint would be, "I started MC for the first time in 3 months—and was informed I missed a bargain!" Maybe a JRiver Upgrade Notifier running as a service...

greynolds

« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2011, 10:20:53 pm »

You're not alone in believing that, but that doesn't make it so. There are things they can try to figure out, and they do try. But, in the end, there's no way they can predict or control what your ISP or your mail client is going to do with a broadcast message.

A more effective solution would be a notification system built into the program. But then the complaint would be, "I started MC for the first time in 3 months—and was informed I missed a bargain!" Maybe a JRiver Upgrade Notifier running as a service...
I realize that nothing is going to be 100% reliable.  In my case, I have NEVER received a new version notification notice from JRiver for any version of the software and rarely have issues receiving emails in general (or at least I haven't run into any cases where someone has complained about me not responding to a message that I never received, though they might eventually just assume I'm ignoring them...).  I've always received my license key emails from JRiver without issue.  Until tonight, I never realized that they sent out emails letting their users know a new version is available - without that knowledge, I never had any reason to believe I wasn't receiving other emails from them.  I'm getting the impression that you're more interested in inserting some sarcasm into the conversation than in helping to find an actual solution to the problem.  My hope in bringing this up is that they can attempt to investigate what's going on so the same thing won't happen when MC17 comes out.

At worst, my email provider (which is NOT my ISP - I use a separate service for my email and web hosting) or email client will flag a message as spam and put it into the spam folder.  As I stated earlier, I check the spam folder regularly in case something important ends up there by mistake.

If JRiver would like to work with me offline to attempt to figure out what's going on, they know how to contact me and I'd be happy to provide them any information they may need to attempt to figure out what's going on.

rick.ca

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2011, 12:15:45 am »

I'm getting the impression that you're more interested in inserting some sarcasm into the conversation than in helping to find an actual solution to the problem.

My sarcasm was directed at my own suggested solution—which I believe to be a sound one—to illustrate one can complain about anything if they put their mind to it. Perhaps you could review threads like Not receiving emails from JR and Upgrades, and consider whether your case warrants another useless investigation. I'd prefer the resources went towards making the program better. One small but useful improvement would be a built-in notification system.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2011, 11:20:58 am »

I agree that some sort of not-very-intrusive notification system (perhaps part of the new whiz-bang updater) would be helpful and would cut down on the "I didn't get the email" problems.

For what it's worth, I always get the emails.  However, I long-ago marked jriver.com as a "trusted source" in all of my different email providers.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

BenRad

• Recent member
Re: How to Upgrade to MC16 ($26.98)
« Reply #74 on: July 01, 2011, 09:40:55 pm »

How do I go about getting a refund. I was a long time MC user up until iPod support was dropped. I didn't realize, after returning to the fold, that MC still does not support iPods. I'd like get my $26.98 back.

Thanks,

Ben

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2011, 07:29:49 am »

The trial version offers 30 days to test.  We don't provide refunds.

MC supports older iPods and the problems with newer ones are well documented on the iPod board.

EmileA

« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2011, 03:20:00 pm »

Hi I purchased MC15 in January but my registration code will not work with MC16, I have used 2 of my restores but noting works, can someone help?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »

Hi I purchased MC15 in January but my registration code will not work with MC16, I have used 2 of my restores but noting works, can someone help?
You have mail.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up