INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disable Play Doctor  (Read 5277 times)

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
Disable Play Doctor
« on: February 26, 2011, 11:53:16 am »

Is there any possibility to disable "Play Doctor"? I don't use this and I don't like it when it's shown in playing now when music is stopped.

McNeil

• Recent member
Re: Disable Play Doctor
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:13:24 pm »

Ditto. I'd like to have it being optional as well.

rick.ca

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:18:53 pm »

Why are you looking at Playing Now if nothing is playing?  ;D

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Just close the window shade.
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 02:51:23 pm »

There is no need to disable Play Doctor if all you want to do is not see it in Playing Now, otherwise you will be throwing out the baby with the bath water  :D

Just close the Playing Now window shade and MC will remember what you did even if you exit and restart MC.
Then whenever you wish to revisit Playing Doctor lower the Playing Now window shade and MC will again remember what you did.

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 02:53:07 pm »

Is there any possibility to disable "Play Doctor"? I don't use this and I don't like it when it's shown in playing now when music is stopped.

A nice suggestion would be to make it modular, so that it could be enabled / disabled as a feature under Options -> General. And maybe that way, the devs could bring the beloved Radio feature back :D

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Just close the window shade.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 03:00:02 pm »

Addendum:
Again, if you want to not see Playing Doctor in Playing Now close the Playing Now window shade.
Try that window shade and you will notice that it will toggle only the Playing Now window shade and hide the
Play Doctor, window shades in other sectors such as Images and Video are not affected.

jack wallstreet

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 03:18:26 pm »

That shade (at least as far as I can tell) also makes the album cover invisible when you actually use playing now.  Am I missing something?  I don't use play doctor, but it doesn't bother me.  Just wondering if I am missing something about how the shade works
John

Supersnake

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 03:24:15 pm »

That shade (at least as far as I can tell) also makes the album cover invisible when you actually use playing now.  Am I missing something?  I don't use play doctor, but it doesn't bother me.  Just wondering if I am missing something about how the shade works

You are right about that Jack, in addition to hiding the Play Doctor, the window shade will also hide the album cover.  

rick.ca

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 05:39:19 pm »

New users might need some help with this—it can be confusing. I'm not sure "window shade" is the correct term. It's a split window with an adjustable splitter dividing the top and bottom panels. The top is the Display (or Play Doctor, if nothing is playing), and the bottom is the File List. A Categories View also uses a split window, with Categories in the top panel and the File List in the bottom. Note these are quite different than a Split View, although the splitter looks the same. Split views are independent views sharing the same tab.

daniel_2k

• World Citizen
Re: Just close the window shade.
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 04:11:39 am »

There is no need to disable Play Doctor if all you want to do is not see it in Playing Now, otherwise you will be throwing out the baby with the bath water  :D

Just close the Playing Now window shade and MC will remember what you did even if you exit and restart MC.
Then whenever you wish to revisit Playing Doctor lower the Playing Now window shade and MC will again remember what you did.

That's no solution. When I close the Playing Now window shade the next time I play a song my visualization is also not visible. The only solution is an option to turn Play Doctor on or off as "Arbiter" said.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 04:14:36 am »

This is the number one thing that stopped me from switching to MC16 as yet.

I never used Play Radio, have no intention to use Play Doctor, and to me it looks rather naff when I open up MC16 and there it is.

The other thing is that I can no longer keep the Playing Now part of the tree collapsed :(

Doesn't really bother me at the mo as MC15 does everything I want it to, but if some really cool features that I really really want get added to MC16, I might get upset  :-[

:)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 07:15:05 am »

I never used Play Radio, have no intention to use Play Doctor, and to me it looks rather naff when I open up MC16 and there it is.
The Doctor has feelings too, you know.   :'(

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:00 am »

The Doctor has feelings too, you know.   :'(
To the Doctor: Please accept my most sincere apologies.  But I don't like you.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:55 am »

To the Doctor: Please accept my most sincere apologies.  But I don't like you.
The Doctor has left the building.

vagskal

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 10:58:21 am »

The other thing is that I can no longer keep the Playing Now part of the tree collapsed :(

This disturbs me as well. Is there any reason why Now Playing should automatically expand and show its branches?

Supersnake

• World Citizen
Re: Just close the window shade.
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 11:37:21 am »

That's no solution. When I close the Playing Now window shade the next time I play a song my visualization is also not visible. The only solution is an option to turn Play Doctor on or off as "Arbiter" said.

You brought up another good point. I agree with you that Arbiter's recommendation would be preferred, perhaps you may wish to try this workaround:

After one closes the window shade (splitter) all of the below features and more will be remaining visible in the Theater View / Playing Now.

Cover Art
3D Visualizations
Tract Info
Visualizations

Saucepan

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 01:38:21 am »

Play Doctor is incredible so far, and when some of the kinks are worked out (getting rid of duplicates automatically, moving it away from the Playing Now screen, volume issues with the lastfm feed) it will be perfect.

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:36 am »

A nice suggestion would be to make it modular, so that it could be enabled / disabled as a feature under Options -> General. And maybe that way, the devs could bring the beloved Radio feature back :D

I much prefer Radio to the Doctor. The Doctor is nothing more than an easy access Smartlist generator only without a number of tracks option IMO.
Sean

Pjotr

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 08:59:40 am »

To the Doctor: Please accept my most sincere apologies.  But I don't like you.

+1

Concerning the Doctor's feelings, it is his own responsibility to behave  ;D It looks like a Doctor of the kind: "Help, I want to help you"

So please give us the opportunity to lock him to some place he is not in the way.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 02:08:03 pm »

I too would like this, which is why I'm playing Re-Animator on this thread (but not Bride of the Re-Animator, there are limits to how much I'll do...). Is this possible now, or still not? I would very much like to have a way to turn it off at least from showing in Playing now when nothing is playing since I don't use it.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 08:02:16 am »

Play Doctor Options: __Show __Hide __Replace with 'Radio'

Or put him on his own tree branch, away from Playing Now.
. . . the game is rigged

221bBS

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 08:06:19 am »

I much prefer Radio to the Doctor. The Doctor is nothing more than an easy access Smartlist generator only without a number of tracks option IMO.

One thing I loved about Radio feature is that I never knew what song was going to play next.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 09:05:58 am »

We're happy with what we've got, so please don't expect changes in this area.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 09:09:02 am »

Man, that's two doctor disappointments today... First I almost can't get to one - one hour waiting at my regular doctor to get a check for renewal of my big truck driver's lisence - and then I can't get rid of this doctor... ;)

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2011, 11:21:59 am »

Listening to: 'I Don't Need No Doctor' from 'His Greatest Hits - Vol. 1' by 'Ray Charles' with Media Center 16   :(

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 01:48:25 am »

What if we all try to eat an apple a day?
Pages: [1]   Go Up