INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with the tree not being displayed  (Read 1774 times)

pugsport

• Recent member
Problems with the tree not being displayed
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:17:27 am »

Since 3 updates ago MC randomly crashes whilst playing music files, I'm not too concerned with this as there is another issue. There are 3 users on this PC, apart from random crashing MC works perfectly on my log in. (How do you insert pictures into a post)? I will try to describe, I have 3 panes at the top with files listed below. On the left is what I will call a navigation pane.

Listing downward is Audio, Images,Video, documents, performers store, playing now, etc. and I have the action window displayed there also. The vertical bar between this navigation pane and my file lists has halfway down "push" arrows which when pressed expands to the left covering this navigation pane. Both my sons MC however have this navigation pane permanently covered, it will not expand to the right to show this navigation pane. I have spent hours and hours going through all the settings trying to resolve this.

Another problem on one of my sons MC is that there is no default or any library in library manager, weirdly all the files are actually displayed in MC. I open library manager and navigate to his docs+folders/application data/JRiver/media center 15 and select library, I type in default as name and then select it and press load, MC then jumps to "start" and subsequently crashes, I use task manager to close MC then reopen MC, all files are listed but he still has no library in library manager.

I have uninstalled MC and manually removed all folders and manually removed all registry entries relating to j river and media center 15, I reinstalled in what should have been a clean slate, however after installation and reinstalling my licence, both problems are back.

Random crashes I will deal with later, i need to resolve the issue with the "navigation pane" and the library issue.

Nothing new has changed only the last 3 MC updates.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problems with the tree not being displayed
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:32 am »

Try Options/Startup/Show Tree

Crashes ... do you have any Apple files?  If so, try installing the DCBass filter.

pugsport

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 10:38:36 am »

Try Options/Startup/Show Tree

This is selected.

m4a files do crash, I will try the DCBase filter.

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:01 am »

Double click on the left side of the window.

pugsport

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 11:11:14 am »

That does not work either. There has to be something amiss in the registry, anyone?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 11:16:50 am »

Try rebooting and reinstalling.  Get the build from our site.

pugsport

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 07:16:14 pm »

Thanks for input JIMH, I have re-installed 3 times now twice with a complete registry clean out, tree problem still exists.
Never mind though, I have upgraded to 16 now, tree view is working as it should for all users, wierd one on 15.

I still have problem with some M4A files crashing 16 and i have installed the DCBass filter. When i get time i'll try converting them to MP3 see if it makes a difference.

Overall a great product.

Thanks.

pugsport

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 08:37:59 pm »

Been a long weekend, installed DCBass correctly this time and ammended the file association, all now seems OK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up