INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art  (Read 1604 times)

Bengi010

• World Citizen
Cover Art
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:28:27 pm »

MC seems to be having a big problem with cover art.  Here are the issues I'm having so far.  I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer, this is really irritating.

1.  Art for new albums added to my library which have cover art (.jpg) in the folder does not show up

2.  When I try to manually add the cover art, either from the file or the "get from internet" option, after I click save and refresh it still does not show up

3.  In MC 16 when I tried to switch over all the albums that already had cover art working in MC 15 lost it

4.  Half the time I use the "get from internet" search even for very popular albums it finds nothing

5.  This might be by design, because I have read many times here that it is recommended to keep all cover art in a separate folder instead of with the album, but I wish there was a way to make MC open the album folder when I click "get from file."  I am sure there is a good reason you recommend storing cover art separately, but I can't figure it out, it doesn't make any sense to me not to have it stored with the associated music.

6.  When I get art from the internet and click save but it does not show up where does it go?  If it really saved it somewhere on my computer I can't find it.

Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                          Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 1000w PSU, Lian-Li PC-B25F ATX Tower,
                                   Dell S2716DG G-Sync Monitor & AOC 2230 Monitor, Corsair Hydro H60 Cooler,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover Art
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 02:37:16 pm »

Please read the wiki article on cover art.

If the Internet Get doesn't work, check the tags.

What file format are you using?

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 02:55:27 pm »

I will read the wiki, thanks.  This is happening with both mp3 and flac that I know of b/c that's mainly what I have, but I think at least once with a wma album
Intel Core i-5 6600K, Asus Z170-A ATX Motherboard, Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB, 16 GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, Asus Xonar Essence STX,
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 04:13:43 pm »

You may just be missing thumbnails which take a while to build.

Bengi010

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 04:54:17 pm »

Seems to have worked itself out.  Can't say why or how exactly, I wish I could because I know how frustrating it is when you're looking for a solution and the OP has obviously solved his issue but failed to post the fix for others to find. 
                                                                    Windows 10, JRiver MC 23

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 05:10:37 pm »

As Jim and I have already said...

MC doesn't display your cover art. It displays thumbnails of your cover art. MC16 needs some time to build it's own thumbnail cache. For reasons I don't understand, it won't use a cache created by a previous version. You might be able to speed it up by selecting Build missing thumbnails in Options.
Pages: [1]   Go Up