INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.42 Beta -- Available here  (Read 4102 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.42 Beta -- Available here
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:43:47 am »

This is the latest beta version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160042.exe

Big Change -- This build uses the new Chromium browser engine.  It is the same engine that Google Chrome uses.  This solves the problem of new IE9 RC installs causing MC to crash.  It still has a few rough edges.  This change will not affect any browsers you have installed.  

16.0.42 (3/2/2011)

1. Fixed: The connect link on the Library Server webpage would start Media Center 15 instead of 16 (ie. http://localhost:52199/LibraryServer).
2. Fixed: Numerous problems with sandboxing web system introduced in build 41.
3. Fixed: Non-English characters were not displaying properly in the Help / Registration Info pop-up.
4. Fixed: The program was not properly finding external artwork saved to the cover art folder.
5. Fixed: Cookies in the web browser engine would not persist between runs.
6. Fixed: Keyboard shortcuts were not working properly with web windows.
7. Changed: Right-click and OSD menus "Save time-shifting on stop" are simplified.  Change of setting using these menus is applied only to current time-shifting session.  Global setting at Options > Television remains the same.
8. Fixed: Performer store cache was not getting dumped when a database update was completed leading to new content not showing up.
9. Fixed: When first starting video playback with VideoClock enabled, lip sync could be off until a seek.

16.0.41 (2/25/2011)

1. NEW: The web browser engine is sandboxed to its own process (JRWeb.exe) for increased security and stability.
2. Changed: When downloading something with an internal browser, the integrated download manager will be used.
3. Fixed: WebPlay was unnecessarily transcoding MP3 files.
4. Fixed: In some cases, popup dialogs could appear behind the main program.

16.0.40 (2/24/2011)

1. Internal: Updated the Windows and DirectX SDKs used during compilation to the latest.
2. Internal: The DirectX helper d3dx9_43.dll is required instead of d3dx9_39.dll (downloaded on install when required).
3. Fixed: DVD ripping was creating two destination folders and ripping to the second one.
4. Fixed: The calculation of space available for DVD ripping was not correctly handling mapped network and UNC drives and "Junction" type directories.
5. Fixed: WebKit based browsers running the latest WebKit code could fail to play from WebPlay.
6. Fixed: A few ID3v2 fields would not be properly read when using old ID3v2.2 tags.
7. Changed: Added 'Artist Sort' (TSOP) and 'Album Sort' (TSOA) mappings for ID3v2 tagging (not stock fields, but will populate if the  fields are created by user).
8. Fixed: The Chromium engine would crash on Win2k instead of showing a 'not available' screen.

16.0.39 (2/23/2011)

1. Fixed: Numerous fixes with the new web engine (back, forward, backspace, Netflix playback, etc.)
2. Fixed: Possible thread and memory leak after stopping playback that was converting the output to AC3.
3. Fixed: If the program crashed while recording a television program in the last five minutes and was restarted, recording would not resume if 'Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past' was set for the recording rule.
4. Fixed: In rare cases, the program could start maximized with only part of the window visible.
5. Fixed: The WAV encoder would use the .wav extension instead of .l16 when creating a headerless L16 for use on a DLNA device.
6. Fixed: Media Network would unnecessarily cache and stack audio files converted for playback on a DLNA device or Gizmo.
7. Fixed: Import of .l16 files would not work properly (player assumes the sample rate is 44100 Hz).

16.0.38 (2/22/2011)

1. NEW: Web pages inside the program use the Chromium engine instead of the Internet Explorer engine.
2. Changed: When used as a DLNA controller, the timeout for the Play command is changed from 10 to 20 seconds. Fixes trouble with XBMC.

16.0.37 (2/21/2011)

1. NEW: Improved video converter (used by Gizmo) so that it uses the JRiver audio engine to handle audio format conversions.
2. NEW: Zone links are preserved between program runs.
3. Fixed: Some dialogs would not draw properly unless they were resized (only applies to build 35 and 36).
4. Fixed: Video converter used by Gizmo, etc. would not always cleanup properly.

16.0.36 (2/18/2011)

1. Changed: Reorganzed core libraries to be a little more efficient with regards to size and loading speed.
2. Fixed: AverTV M780 PCIe device analog tuner played no sound when not in time-shifting mode.
3. Changed: If auto-import is unable to watch a folder for changes (happens with some network drives, etc.) then the program will scan for changes manually every 2 hours.
4. Fixed: Gizmo or DLNA devices could show a stale list of files in some cases.
5. Changed: When reimporting a previously removed file, the file will be reanalyzed.
6. Fixed: Picking a single file and saying 'Play (with Play Doctor)' would not make a good mix.

16.0.35 (2/17/2011)

1. Changed: Improved Wikipedia movie lookup to better handle titles full of common words like 'To Be And To Have'.
2. Fixed: The /Library command did not work when run through the launcher.
3. Changed: Improved performance when loading or resizing dialogs.
4. Fixed: The 'Remote' options page did not work nicely with large fonts.
5. Fixed: Remote control IR blaster commands could stop working after re-installing the player.
6. Fixed: Auto-import could be slow analyzing network files that were temporarily unavailable.
7. Fixed: Right-clicking a non-selected playlist and picking 'Lock' would not work.
8. NEW: When right-clicking a playlist group, the option 'Lock All Children' / 'Unlock All Children' is available.
9. Changed: If a user customized the temporary folder, temporary files will actually be created in a 'J River' subfolder of the user selected folder (any files or folders in the 'J River' subfolder will be deleted each run).
10. Changed: Video playback graph building will not consider failure to load subtitles / Line 21 (which madVR does not support) a critical error.
11. Changed: Faster video playback graph building in some cases.
12. Changed: Netflix now retrieves all it's 'feeds' in separate threads simultaneously.

16.0.34 (2/16/2011)

1. Changed: When the program had many programs in the television programming guide (hundreds of thousands), the program could slow down.
2. SDK: The MCWS Browse/Files function will return success with zero files on an empty item instead of returning a failure.
3. Changed: Czech language translation updated (thanks to Johnny B).
4. Changed: Updated Japanese translation (thanks to KANEY).
5. Changed: Added additional ASIO logging.
6. Changed: Revamped 'Registration Information' dialog so that it works better with large fonts and/or translation.
7. Fixed: Spacing between characters could be unnecessarily large in edit controls when using fonts with leading / trailing overhangs.
8. Fixed: Image playback of certain size images could lead to a crash.
9. Fixed: Wmhelper.dll was not getting registered in certain cases causing Performer login to fail.
10. Changed: On ASIO shutdown, buffers are explicitly disposed instead of relying on the driver to dispose outstanding buffers on unload (improves Roland Edirol UA-1Ex support, possibly others).
11. Changed: madVR runs in the graph thread instead of the main program thread.
12. Changed: When loading television programming, entries for programs older than 3 days will be discarded (previously 14 days of old programming were kept, but a smaller number helps performance).

16.0.33 (2/16/2011)

Testing build not released to the public

16.0.32 (2/15/2011)

1. NEW: Simplified 'Media Network' options page.
2. Changed: Media Center 16 no longer works with a Media Center 15 license.
3. Fixed: When starting video playback, JRWorker.exe could be unnecessarily invoked to grab a thumbnail.
4. Fixed: When resuming from standby, auto-import folder watching could swamp the CPU.
5. Changed: The system to load an image to display while loading a file (or playing audio with no visualizations) is more efficient.
6. Fixed: Channel name edited in "Edit Channel" window did not stick.

16.0.31 (2/14/2011)

1. NEW: Added an "Edit Channel" button on Edit Channel List window to allow editing of existing television channels.
2. Fixed: Audio protect mode could engage incorrectly in some cases causing silence to be played.
3. Fixed: Play Doctor playback when nothing was provided as a seed was not working properly.

16.0.30 (2/14/2011)

Testing build not released to the public

16.0.29 (2/11/2011)

1. Changed: Reworked how playback statistics are incremented when playing from a server (Gizmo, DLNA device etc.) so that devices that request the same file multiple times during playback won't cause multiple play counts and Scrobbles.
2. Fixed: madVR could hang with build 28 (hopefully fixed, please let us know).
3. Fixed: Video playback could leave some filters loaded after playback was stopped.

16.0.28 (2/10/2011)

1. Changed: madVR display window is bound to the main user interface thread instead of the playback graph thread (should fix sluggishness issues).
2. Changed: Gizmo multiple Scrobbles for a single playback hopefully fixed (please let us know).
3. NEW: Added Protect Mode to audio engine that engages if a huge spike (due to a corrupt file, misbehaved DSP, etc.) comes through the audio chain and switches to silence for a few seconds (part of 'Clip protection' mode selected at bottom of DSP Studio window).
4. NEW: Reworked how internal volume mode is applied so that it's safer when used with a power amplifier (a DSP is not allowed to apply a gain that overrides the internal volume).
5. Fixed: The auto-upgrade from v15 to v16 would not work properly if v15 was installed to a directory with a custom name.
6. Fixed: Channel details for STB channels were not properly displayed on "Edit Channel List" window.

16.0.27 (2/9/2011)

1. NEW: MC supports Set Top Box television channels.
2. NEW: New latency system for 'ASIO' and 'WASAPI - Event Style' audio outputs that makes VideoClock require fewer and smaller audio rate adjustments (audio and video sync is typically maintained within 2 milliseconds, with about 0.0001 audio rate variation once sync is established).
3. NEW: MC supports Camera type "television channel".  A user can manually add a "channel" that corresponds to a webcam device.
4. Fixed: Typing in other programs (and maybe other operations) while madVR was in use could be sluggish.
5. Fixed: The low-pass and high-pass filters in the 'Parametric Equalizer' could fail to work properly in some cases.

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Media Center 16.0.42 Beta -- Available here
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »

MC 16.0.42 still keeps downloading FFDShow for certain files. Whenever I play some .mp4 files I've got, MC will download and install FFDShow before playing them, no matter how many times I've installed it, restarted MC or restarted the machine. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

If I cancel installation, the file starts playing. If I let the installation proceed, once it's done, the file starts playing.

It just seems like MC can't realise that FFDShow is installed and keeps trying to install it.

I've mentioned this bug a number of times on different versions, and never heard anything back...

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »

I just downloaded .042 and tried testing split view to update the year on some of my new files.  I am running XP pro.  I opened AMG and set up a split view.  While updating several files I noticed that the tag window behaved in an unexpected way.  I have it set to show all the fields that are displayed.  When I click on year it shrinks down to the default tag window.  Sometimes, nothing at all appears in the tag window.  I tried to click on help support forum and that didn't work.  I had to back up every page to close the AMG window.  I couldn't find a way to just close the AMG window from split view.  I turned off split view and the program locked up and I had to close it externally.  I restarted MC and tried to click on the forum link under help.  I got an error message saying the application not found.

BTW it would be nice if the second window was on the right instead of the left side of the screen.

I also tested that I can not open any window in an external browser from within MC. 
If I can be of further help let me know.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 03:48:47 pm »

We're still having trouble with XP and the new browser system.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 03:59:37 pm »

We're still having trouble with XP and the new browser system.

Here are my "XP freeze" notes from the 16.0.41 beta thread. 42 did not fix the problems.

- The new sandboxed JRWeb is very unstable. I can make MC freeze/crash just by clicking the webmedia items in the tree.

- This happens all time. I just played some audio tracks with a track info visualization, stopped playbck and clicked the video category in the tree. MC froze.

- In Task Manger MC is still listed as "running" and MC's memory usage varies slightly when the GUI is frozen (actually shows the hourglass icon when hovered over.)

- After killing MC I found five running JRWeb processes in the task manager.

- I also noticed that when I kill only the JRWeb processes in Task Manager, MC can continue to run until the next freeze.

- The freezing problem doesn't seem to happen on Windows 7. I tried another XP PC and a Windows 7 PC. The other XP PC had the same problem.

EDIT

I just tried a third XP PC. This PC doesn't freeze. However, MC does not end the several running JRWeb.exe processes when MC is closed. They continue to be listed in Task Manager.

The two other XP PCs have AMD CPUs (a new quad core Phenom and an old Athlon XP). This third XP PC has an Intel Pentium 4. I don't know if the CPU/chipset model can affect the freezing behavior anyhow, but this is the only obvious difference I can think of.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sssceo

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 04:24:09 pm »

The two other XP PCs have AMD CPUs (a new quad core Phenom and an old Athlon XP). This third XP PC has an Intel Pentium 4. I don't know if the CPU/chipset model can affect the freezing behavior anyhow, but this is the only obvious difference I can think of.

I am haveing all sorts of freezing problems related to web browsing within MC after upgrading to 16.0.42 from .39. I am running XP SP3 on Intel core2 duo T7300 @2ghz.
Charlie

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 05:05:21 pm »

MC 16.0.42 still keeps downloading FFDShow for certain files. Whenever I play some .mp4 files I've got, MC will download and install FFDShow before playing them, no matter how many times I've installed it, restarted MC or restarted the machine. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

If I cancel installation, the file starts playing. If I let the installation proceed, once it's done, the file starts playing.

It just seems like MC can't realise that FFDShow is installed and keeps trying to install it.

I've mentioned this bug a number of times on different versions, and never heard anything back...

While the video is playing, please check what DirectShow filters are being used (copy and post the result on this board).

Are you using an external audio decoder in SPDIF mode for AC3 audio?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 06:32:15 pm »

While the video is playing, please check what DirectShow filters are being used (copy and post the result on this board).

Are you using an external audio decoder in SPDIF mode for AC3 audio?

My video settings are:
Playback Device: Same as device used in audio playback
Connection type: Analog connection
VideoClock enabled

As for my setup, my soundcard (X-Fi) is doing the SPDIF work; that is, there is no passthrough. My setup decodes sound to 5.1 as if it were going to be sent to a 5.1 set of analog speakers, and then the soundcard reencodes this to send over SPDIF. It should look to all Windows programs like all I have is analog.

Here's the DirectShow filter info:

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'XFrom Out' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'madVR'
        CLSID: {E1A8B82A-32CE-4B0D-BE0D-AA68C772E423}
        Host: c:\users\sergio\downloads\madvr\madvr.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'
        CLSID: {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2adec.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {000000FF-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'XFrom Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'madVR'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'GPAC ISO Audio Handler' of filter 'MP4 Source'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {000000FF-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'GPAC ISO Video Handler' of filter 'MP4 Source'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'

Filter 'MP4 Source'
        CLSID: {3CCC052E-BDEE-408A-BEA7-90914EF2964B}
        Host: c:\program files (x86)\j river\media center 16\plugins\mp4splitter.ax
        Output Pin 'GPAC ISO Video Handler'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'GPAC ISO Audio Handler'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 08:16:53 am »

Playing files via webplay causes MC to import and stack converted mp3 files

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:40 am »

My video settings are:
Playback Device: Same as device used in audio playback
Connection type: Analog connection
VideoClock enabled

As for my setup, my soundcard (X-Fi) is doing the SPDIF work; that is, there is no passthrough. My setup decodes sound to 5.1 as if it were going to be sent to a 5.1 set of analog speakers, and then the soundcard reencodes this to send over SPDIF. It should look to all Windows programs like all I have is analog.

Here's the DirectShow filter info:

The DirectShow graph indicates that you had Microsoft Audio decoder in use.  That filter does not do decoding inside any software that is not Microsoft's.  MC tries to replace it with FFDShow if your audio connection setting is "Analog".  Since it seems to work for you, you should just change the audio connection setting to "Digital connection to a surround sound receiver (supports AC3 and DTS)".  That should stop unnecessary downloads.

EDIT:  On closer look, your graph shows that your video contains AAC audio, not AC3 audio.  It would be really strange that MC would try downloading FFDShow, when a graph has been successfully built and AC3 audio is not involved.  So what I said above may not apply.  But try it anyway.  
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

sithodea

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 10:57:23 am »

Hello,
it's impossible to download STANDARD VIEW SKINS. :'(

sgomes

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 11:26:37 am »

The DirectShow graph indicates that you had Microsoft Audio decoder in use.  That filter does not do decoding inside any software that is not Microsoft's.  MC tries to replace it with FFDShow if your audio connection setting is "Analog".  Since it seems to work for you, you should just change the audio connection setting to "Digital connection to a surround sound receiver (supports AC3 and DTS)".  That should stop unnecessary downloads.

EDIT:  On closer look, your graph shows that your video contains AAC audio, not AC3 audio.  It would be really strange that MC would try downloading FFDShow, when a graph has been successfully built and AC3 audio is not involved.  So what I said above may not apply.  But try it anyway.  

I'm afraid the same thing happens with the "Digital connection to a surround sound receiver (supports AC3 and DTS)" setting as well, I tried that earlier :-/

nguirado

• Recent member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 05:14:25 pm »

My XP pro SP3 freezes when I click on the podcast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up