INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google Images and safe search  (Read 2764 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
Google Images and safe search
« on: March 05, 2011, 09:41:09 am »

We were listening to music last night (my relaxing genre\keywords,) and we were enjoying the images that jriver finds from the internet in playing now, and all of a sudden a pic with T%tt#&S and A## popup. Def got my attention!

How do we disable this google slideshow, and\or Change the key words, or use maybe a different site thats dedicated to just artist images that jriver uses to find these images?

Is there a site out there like what musicchoice offers on cable? where when listening to a band it only shows images from that band or artist? NOT T%tt#&S and A## that have nothing to do with that artist or anything to do with something my son shouldnt see?!

I am sure glad it wasnt anything too Extreme!

Thank You.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can tell MC which image sites to use.  Google uses the "safe" mode but even that makes mistakes once in a while.

HTPC4ME

could i get those directions please. Link?
He's 11 now and really diggin electronics. so want this fixed.
Thanks for your understanding.

Sheugel

• World Citizen

Tools-->Options-->Theater View-->Theme-->Online media slideshow-->Unselect Google Images

Sheugel

HTPC4ME

kk went there, it gives me three option all ticked, google, last.fm, and ht backdrops. If i uncheck google will it still work being last fm and htbackdrops are ticked?

Not seeing where we could add another source. Are there any others? suggestions?
Pages: [1]   Go Up