INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo + m4a = distortion?  (Read 1692 times)

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
Gizmo + m4a = distortion?
« on: March 10, 2011, 11:03:15 am »

I am having trouble playing my m4a files on Gizmo.  They play fine on the server at home, but when I attempt to play them through gizmo they are very distorted.  I have tried everything I can think of/ find on Interact.  I read a post where Matt indicated that music is sent to Gizmo as 128 mp3.  I am missing some filter/ decoder that I need to convert the m4a files to mp3?

I am running the latest version (I think) of both  Gizmo(16.0.36) and Media Center (16.0.49).

Any help is appreciated,

Alex

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Gizmo + m4a = distortion?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:23 am »

Is the problem similar to this: Topic: Playing iTunes (m4a) files remotely from Media Server sound very distorted ?

EDIT

If your problem is caused by the MS decoder filter (which outputs in the floating point format) you can configure the server to use the DC-Bass Source filter as explained in the linked thread.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:55:57 am »

Yes, it appears to be similar.  I had previously tried to install the DC-Bass Source Filter based on info from another thread and it didn't work.  I just used the link provided in the post you referenced and it did install.  I was able to set the the AAC files to the J River Audio engine and select the DC-Bass Source as the Source filter.

However, I am still getting distortion when I play the file through Gizmo.  I rebooted the server, still have distortion.

Any other thoughts,

Alex

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 11:58:37 am »

We believe this problem is fixed in a build of MC16 not yet released.  Please expect it within the next week.

eapool

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 12:18:08 pm »

Awesome!! I look forward to it.

Thanks for the help,

Alex
Pages: [1]   Go Up