INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Image Thumbnails  (Read 1407 times)

Alban

• Recent member
  • A Saucerful of Secrets
Image Thumbnails
« on: March 20, 2011, 06:44:44 am »

Having upgraded from every version from 8 through 16 this is the first time that I've had missing thumbnails.  As I imported the MC15 library, the cover-art has come across fine, but the image library is just not showing thumbnails (nor is the video library).  I've made sure that MC15 service is not running in the background and have tried re-importing the files by drag and drop, but no joy.  If I leave the auto-import to do it's work, it won't pick up the existing files as it's obviously making the assumption that as I've already had those files imported, I don't want to import them again.  I seem to remember there used to be a setting where you could force a re-import, but can't find it now.

So would anyone be kind enough to detail a way of forcing MC16 to re-build the thumbnails for images / videos, or alternatively to force the auto-import to re-import files it once had and build the thumbnails as part of that process.

Much appreciated.
Without Music - I'd Die

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Image Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 06:50:07 am »

Thumbnails build as you view each photo.  The setting to rebuild all is in Options/Tree&View/Thumbnails.  Options has a search window in the upper right corner.

Alban

• Recent member
  • A Saucerful of Secrets
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 07:59:45 am »

Thanks for the quick response Jim.

I obviously tried viewing a whole bunch of photo's before I posted the question, sorry, I didn't include that, but that didn't make any difference.  I kicked off the build thumnails in options (thanks for that, I couldn't see for looking), but unfortunately it hasn't made any difference,  it just tells me it's complete (in the action window), but with no change.

I'm wondering if it's as a result of importing the MC15 library.  I thought of starting from scratch, but I really don't want to lose the cover-art for the audio as it's taken me a while to build them up for 40k tracks.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Without Music - I'd Die

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 08:44:10 am »

Try restoring an MC15 library backup in MC16 again.

This may turn out to be a virus checker or some other security program.

Alban

• Recent member
  • A Saucerful of Secrets
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 04:13:21 pm »

A second restore did the trick. Unusual, I've never had that problem before, but glad it's sorted.

Thanks for your help.
Without Music - I'd Die
Pages: [1]   Go Up