INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ 14.0.166 Not Working On Start Up [solved by updating IE9 RC to Release]  (Read 2076 times)

zabby

My Media Jukebox not sure which version I had originally 14... something...was working great....then it stopped working on start up...I backed up my media files to a separate folder...and uninstalled Media Jukebox...restarted PC...am using Vista Home Premium 32 bit...went to JRiver website and reinstalled the latest version  MJ 14.0.166...still getting Microsoft Windows error message..."MJ has stopped working"...I try to open the program 2 x...then on 3rd try...the MJ "Incomplete Shutdown" window opens with recommended resets and actions to take...I select ok...and MJ 14 opens and functions OK...I tried to change some settings in the program suggested on the forum page...like start up view...and I changed my default web browser from IE 9 to FireFox...but still getting the same error message 2x...I guess the 3rd time is a charm....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Jukbox 14.0.166 Has Stopped Working On Start Up
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:21:31 am »

If you have installed IE9 RC, update it to the release version.  Read more on the MC boards.

zabby

Re: Media Jukbox 14.0.166 Has Stopped Working On Start Up
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 11:13:20 am »

Extremely grateful...updated to release version...problem solved.

mdrilling

• Recent member

I installed IE9 today (having uninstalled IE9RC to get MJ14 to stop crashing at start up several weeks ago) and MJ now starts very slowly and hangs for 5-10 seconds at virtually every menu selection.  Uninstalled IE9 and MJ works fine again.  So, FYI, looks like there is still a compatibility issue with MJ14. 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

I installed IE9 today (having uninstalled IE9RC to get MJ14 to stop crashing at start up several weeks ago) and MJ now starts very slowly and hangs for 5-10 seconds at virtually every menu selection.  Uninstalled IE9 and MJ works fine again.  So, FYI, looks like there is still a compatibility issue with MJ14. 

I'm afraid Microsoft will have to fix that.

Our MC16 product can switch the browser engine it uses between IE and Chromium.
Pages: [1]   Go Up