INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature - Dynamics thumbnail  (Read 1448 times)

baba100

Feature - Dynamics thumbnail
« on: March 22, 2011, 06:55:31 pm »

Hi all,

I have suggestions

Maybe you can make the thumbnail picture dynamics (under standard view and/or theater view)
in most of the burning DVD software users can make the thumbnail playing the movie from 00:15 to 00:55 (or any other value)

I think it will be great feature, maybe you can add this to MC16

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature - Dynamics thumbnail
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:10:04 am »

Imagine a database with 5000 movies. Each with a "movie" thumbnail, playing in a graphical video view with lots of this thumbnails showing at once. Imagine scrolling through this videos, page after page of this. I'm not saying it's impossible. It might be less than ideal in many situations though. I think this would take it's toll on most hardware.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Daydream

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 12:34:17 pm »

"Dynamic thumbnails" on a Dvd menu it's actually one pre-rendered video (per menu) that loops (even if it shows 16 video thumbs dancing around). The concept cannot be applied to a view in MC because it'd be something totally different - many separate files that will require so great an I/O to load, that any view would not be usable. Not to mention that if you do load them by means of, let's say, an SSD array, it'll give you a vertigo to look at so many small videos. :)

Scolex

• MC Beta Team
  • Cheers
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:10:12 pm »

Having them only active when you hover over them would work and would be a nice feature.
I have been to a few sites that have that feature and if it will work over the web it would on
a local machine.
Sean

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:15:23 pm »

maximum.tv has something like that.  The frame rate is really low but it's pretty cool.

MrHaugen

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 05:36:40 am »

I see. Would not be hard to implement then. But would it be used? I don't think I'd use it. Just thinking if the terrible framerate and the skipping on one or more "images". I would be MUCH more interested in a way to add move trailers from IMDb in large and small info view in Theater View :-) That would truly be something.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up