INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 Duration  (Read 1336 times)

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
MP4 Duration
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »

I looked around and couldn't find this listed yet. It seems that each version of MC16 including the 16.0.55 imports MP4 files with an empty duration. The same MP4 files work fine in MC15 on the same PC. I didn't think it to be much of an issue until I realized that they transfer to my iPod as a 0:00 length file as well. This makes bookmarking, FF/REW impossible.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
Re: MP4 Duration
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 11:01:25 am »

I noticed that 16.0.60 included some changes to the way MP4 files and bitrates are read. I had hoped that this would also fix the issue with them reporting a 0:00 duratiuon but that doesn't seem to be the case. I imported some new MP4 files with 16.0.60 and have the same result. Most, but not all of the MP4 files have been created via the Arcsoft TME converter that comes with the HD-PVR. I use it because it is the best at converting the HD-PVR .ts files to MP4 for iPod playback. I also have a few MP4s created with other converters that will fail to report a duration about 50% of the time as compared with all of the Arcsoft converted MP4s. The same files always report fine in MC15.

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:51:03 pm »

There will be more improvement in this area soon.

Does Update Library (from tags) help?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:03:25 am »

Unfortunately thre Update Library from Tags makes no difference.
Pages: [1]   Go Up