INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gizmo File Cache for Multiple Devices  (Read 1055 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Gizmo File Cache for Multiple Devices
« on: April 01, 2011, 03:39:06 pm »

I have a friend that might start using MC for streaming to an Android phone and a NOOKcolor. I gave him access to my library and he tried to stream a small 1080p mkv clip to his phone. He got a "starting" and "stopping" message, but the file didn't play. I checked the conversion cache and MC had converted the file, but to a resolution higher than his phone. Will MC convert to the the correct resolution for a phone? If you stream the same file to multiple devices with different resolutions, will MC create multiple cache files?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gizmo File Cache for Multiple Devices
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 03:46:59 pm »

I have a friend that might start using MC for streaming to an Android phone and a NOOKcolor. I gave him access to my library and he tried to stream a small 1080p mkv clip to his phone. He got a "starting" and "stopping" message, but the file didn't play. I checked the conversion cache and MC had converted the file, but to a resolution higher than his phone. Will MC convert to the the correct resolution for a phone? If you stream the same file to multiple devices with different resolutions, will MC create multiple cache files?
We're working on this right now, so make sure you have the latest build of MC16 when you try.  Gizmo, too.

This is high priority now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up