INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I sure wish video streaming with Gizmo worked  (Read 1424 times)

Grape Ape

• Recent member
I sure wish video streaming with Gizmo worked
« on: April 06, 2011, 03:34:47 pm »

I am wondering when video streaming will work using Gizmo. I have the latest .63 build and newest Gizmo. I have been sending my log files in hoping this issue will get fixed.

At least now I get audio with a garbled picture with some files, and a MC hard crash with other files. (Not good if you're not at home to restart MC) That's some progress I guess.

I want to quit using Orb so badly, but I can't till Gizmo's video works as well at it's audio. MKV, VOB, any file I throw at orb works great, but Gizmo has a looooong way to go.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: I sure wish video streaming with Gizmo worked
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:02:09 am »

Can you play this videos fine at the server it self? Through MC that is...
Remember that it all have to be decoded at the server before it can be transcoded to Gizmo. That is at least what I think is happening. I'm all new to this server/client setup my self though.

I do agree however, that some polishing of this app is needed. Last time I tested, the play here function did not work at all. I'll check if something have changed in later builds.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: I sure wish video streaming with Gizmo worked
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:20:18 am »

I do agree however, that some polishing of this app is needed. Last time I tested, the play here function did not work at all. I'll check if something have changed in later builds.
For audio and images, that's worked for a long time.  Video isn't reliable yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up