INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Conversion for DLNA  (Read 2589 times)

Streets Still Works

Conversion for DLNA
« on: April 07, 2011, 09:11:41 am »

Setup: Using JRMC15.0.172 on a WIN7 platform as a DLNA server to a DLNA music renderer.  Music stored in FLAC format.  In toolbox, options, Audio is set for the DLNA server to "always convert" to WAV.   Conversion is set to "never convert" to preserve audio quality.

Bug 1: 192 kHz/24 bit high resolution files are downconverted to 16 bit.  Is there any way to preserve 24 bit?

Bug 2:  44.1 kHz/16 bit (ripped redbook) files come through JRiver very distorted at higher volume levels than the original FLAC.  (This was confirmed using dBpoweramp Asset--the volume level definitely got higher and was distorted in JRiver MC15 but no distortion occurs in Asset.  Playback in FLAC was fine)

Is there a fix?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Conversion for DLNA
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:21:00 am »

I don't know the answer to either, but could you try MC16?  It has a lot of changes for DLNA.

Streets Still Works

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:19:10 am »

I don't know the answer to either, but could you try MC16?  It has a lot of changes for DLNA.

I will try tonight.

Will users who have bought MC15 be charged to upgrade to MC16?

Thanks.

--SSW

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:22:43 am »

If you bought MC15 after Jan 1, you should have an MC16 license.  Otherwise it's $22.98 right now, about to be $26.98 in a few days.

Streets Still Works

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 08:42:16 am »

I tried MC16 and the distortion cleared up.  So Bug #2 is fixed albeit at extra cost for those of us who bought MC15 prior to January 1 (which is annoying that I have to pay to fix something that should have worked in the first place on MC 15).

Bug#1 remains unfixed, MC16 still streams high res 192 kHz/24bit at 16 bit.  Can you please ask the programmers to give me an option  to maintain bit depth when converting?

Thanks.

--SSW

Pages: [1]   Go Up