INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Play Doctor - a question and a suggestion  (Read 1387 times)

wig

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Play Doctor - a question and a suggestion
« on: April 12, 2011, 08:05:34 pm »

I've been using Play Doctor quite a bit recently, and rather than going go through a laundry list of ideas and questions, I decided to boil it down to a single question and idea.

My question: what is the best way to improve Play Doctor picks? I'm not asking you to reveal the whole forumula, but I'd like to know if I should, for example, spend time going over my genre tagging, or if custom tags are involved in the process at all. A couple guidelines on how to make the Doctor work for me would be much appreciated.

My idea: I've noticed that quite a few things will knock MC out of 'Play Doctor' mode. Clicking Stop, or adding a song to the playlist are two common actions I take that make the system revert to 'normal' mode. How about making Play Doctor a Mode, just like Repeat and Shuffle? It could have an icon right next to DSP, making it both visible and easy to verify the status. It would also make it simple to 'doctorize' an existing playlist, a feature I've been wanting for some time.

Thanks again for the great software!

- Wig

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Play Doctor - a question and a suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:32:42 pm »

My question: what is the best way to improve Play Doctor picks? I'm not asking you to reveal the whole forumula, but I'd like to know if I should, for example, spend time going over my genre tagging, or if custom tags are involved in the process at all. A couple guidelines on how to make the Doctor work for me would be much appreciated.

Rate songs you like with 4 or 5 stars and things you don't like with 1 or 2 stars.

Also, use meaningful genre tags.  Genre is important (along with era, Last.fm similar artists, etc.) when Play Doctor selects similar music.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up