INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration Code Mixup  (Read 4917 times)

skaterbyte

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Registration Code Mixup
« on: April 14, 2011, 09:50:57 pm »

I don't get to work with MC as much as I'd like.  But in the infrequent chance I do get to use it, I cannot because I can't get my registration code.  The problem started when I upgraded from MC12 to MC14, I never received a valid registration code for my MC14 upgrade.  I have a receipt for the purchase, but the registration code provided in the receipt does not enable MC14.  I've tried a few times now to restore the registration through the restore website, but none of my codes work.  When I try having the code sent to the email address under which I registered, I get a registration code for MC12.  I'd Really like back to using MC when I have the chance rather than chasing down licensing issues.  I'm not ready to upgrade to MC16 just yet, so how can I get my purchased copy of MC14 running again?  Thanks in advance!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Registration Code Mixup
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 07:01:53 am »

I can't find a license for the e-mail address you're using on the forum.  Please send me your details.  I'm jimh at jriver.

skaterbyte

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 09:48:44 am »

Thanks.  I sent you an email with details.

toddsf59

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 03:56:43 pm »

JimH,  

I'm facing this same dilemma trying to install MC 14 on a new laptop.   Can you help me track down registration codes for MC 14?   I sent you an email with my details. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:15:19 pm »

The "Purchase" link above has all the information you should need.  The Restore Page lets you e-mail yourself your licenses.  If you have an MC14 license, you may need to install MC14.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 06:24:54 pm »

You have an MC15 license.  I've changed it and an MC12 license to your gmail address.

Old Versions can be found on our wiki.

toddsf59

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:08:19 am »

Jim,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.   You explained that I have an MC 15 license and that you "changed it"--changed it to what?   I understand that purchased an MC 15 license (which installs and registers just fine), but I've also have successfully installed and registered MC 14 repeatedly on old machines that I no longer use.  MC14 launches and operates just fine on those older machines with no prompts to purchase or register.  And when I check my MC 14 registration information under help, I see: 

Product: Media Center 14.0.165 (registered)
Registered to: <my name>.

If I only have licenses for MC 12 and MC 15, can you think of how I've been able to install and license MC 14 in the past?   Also, the email address in my profile is correct, but I see no note from you so far.   Can you try to email me again please?   

Thanks again for your help. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 09:21:12 am »

I changed the e-mail address only.

The last MC14 may work with an MC15 license.  I don't remember.  Old versions are on our wiki.

I didn't e-mail you.  Please use the forum.  But don't post your license.
Pages: [1]   Go Up