INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: failure to connect to a DLNA library with MC 16.0.75  (Read 1584 times)

laurent69

• Recent member
failure to connect to a DLNA library with MC 16.0.75
« on: May 01, 2011, 04:14:18 am »

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to JRiver MC16.

I intend to use it as a renderer, connected to a NAS .

I've just downloaded the demo 16.0.75, activated the DLNA features.

So far, all my DLNA servers appears under "playing now"
1/ my NAS, running twonky server 5.1.6
2/ the PC, which also runs twonky server, in a different version (6.0.32)
3/ my internet box which also have a built-in dlna server.

but, as soon as, I try to load the corresponding library,
-> it display a message like 'Files will be loaded in the background. It could take a while before the library is populated'.
-> But this message remains displayed. No CPU activity, no network activity. Closing the message windows does not work.
-> And the process never ends. I have to kill MC and to restart it.

my DLNA libraries weight around 100 Gb / 20000 tracks. I don't know how long time is required to load such a library with JRiver.

It's not a network issue since even the local DLNA library is affected. and the foobar upnp components workf fine with all my DLNA libraries.

anyone with a hint ?

thanks in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: failure to connect to a DLNA library with MC 16.0.75
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 06:17:21 am »

Welcome.  Please try MC16 as the DLNA server on the machine where you now run Twonky.  That will confirum that there are no firewall issues or network issues.

laurent69

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:54:12 am »

thanks for the help.

As far as I've verified
-> when I activate JRiver DLNA server, it works fine and is visible from the device I use (netbook in another room, with foobar)
-> I can also use JRiver as a DLNA controller and push some music to renderer. It also works fine, provided that music is available in JRiver local library.
-> When I use JRiver local library, it also works fine as a renderer. Even my 24/96 FLAC files are correctly handled.

the only situation where MC16 hangs up is when I try to use it as a renderer, connected to a DLNA server.

Sadly, that's precisely the configuration I intend to set up.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 09:16:00 am »

We've found an issue with the connect to server function that will be corrected in the next build.

laurent69

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 05:09:43 pm »

downloaded 16.0.81.

Issue is now fixed !  :)

Impressive job and reactivity !!

thanks again ..

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 01:49:27 pm »

I have this same receiver.

Whenever I try to play a song to my Onkyo, it says for me to check my settings, make sure my DLNA device can be controlled, etc.

Can you give me a run down of all the settings which are relevant to making it work? Is there some specific menu I have to be on in the Onkyo for it to "listen" to MC16 commands?

Thanks,
Steve

PS -- I see "Onkyo Receiver" in my list of zones and I also see my library on my receiver if I navigate to that point in the receiver's menus. However, I have not been able to sit in front of Media Center and been able to play music to different zones.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 01:53:09 pm »

I have this same receiver.

Whenever I try to play a song to my Onkyo, it says for me to check my settings, make sure my DLNA device can be controlled, etc.

Can you give me a run down of all the settings which are relevant to making it work? Is there some specific menu I have to be on in the Onkyo for it to "listen" to MC16 commands?

Thanks,
Steve

PS -- I see "Onkyo Receiver" in my list of zones and I also see my library on my receiver if I navigate to that point in the receiver's menus. However, I have not been able to sit in front of Media Center and been able to play music to different zones.

HMMM, I think you posted in the wrong topic however you need 16.0.86 or > to play to the Onkyo zone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up