INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Known working video configurations  (Read 1137 times)

alspoll

• World Citizen
Known working video configurations
« on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:59 am »

All,

I am trying to setup JRiver to use various directshow filters and am wondering what are the best, stable versions are people working. I tried over the weekend to use LAV Splitter, FFDSHOW, etc but still was getting inconsistent and poor quality.

If you can, please list what decoders (Lav, FFDSHOW, MadVR, etc) and version you are using along with what video driver (I have an ATI card) that you are using so that others can achieve similar results.

Also, I want to use SPDIF output to a receiver to decode the audio, no HDMI for me...

Appreciate your help,

AL

sunfire7

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Known working video configurations
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 12:21:09 pm »

Check this thread, you might find it useful:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63282.0
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

alspoll

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 12:46:20 pm »

Thanks,

I saw that thread to. I guess my issue, questions is are there any best version of the filters to use? Ie ATI driver 11.1 versus 10.12, LAV Splitter ver .24, etc...

All day sunday i went thru with different driver versions and current versions of the filters, Lav Splitter, FFDSHOW, MadVR and was not getting consistent video quality, audio streaming and subtitle displays. I have some blurays ripped to MKV and sometimes the core would stream correctly other times it did not. Very frustrating.

I was also having issues with only being able to only playback 1 file before i would get an error message in MC16. I forget the error message at the moment, but i had to exit out and then re-open MC16 for the file to work.

I have most of my files saved as MKVs if it makes a difference...

Thanks again for your help.

AL

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 12:51:09 pm »

Haali and maybe other splitters have an option to display a tray icon.  This causes problems and should be turned off.

Turn off background importing while you're testing.  This can cause a load that won't help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up