INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remote Control Standard View?  (Read 1086 times)

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
Remote Control Standard View?
« on: May 09, 2011, 03:21:50 am »

I think I remember from what I have read in here, that the remote control offered to MC16 only works in Theater View. Right or wrong?

If right: I prefer using Standard View. Will the RC support this view somewhere in the future? If no: Why?

--
gfloeng
Oslo

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Remote Control Standard View?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 03:46:48 am »

Probably not. There is just to much stuff to do in Standard view, so a 5 button remote would never work satisfactory. For long distance, big screen viewing and remote control usage, theater view is about the only way in my opinion. Why do you not want to use Theater View? If it's well configured it should work as well as any other view.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 04:32:31 am »

I guess gfloeng would like to know if the player controls would work also in the standard view or if the remote controller is completely disabled when MC is displaying the Standard View. When Playing Now is already populated, the commands like Play, Pause, Next, Previous, Fast Forward, Rewind, Volume Up, Volume Down, etc would be useful even without any display (at least during music playback). I don't have the JRiver remote so I can't try this.

Personally I have used for years a setup that has a small standard LCD monitor on a coffee table near my sofa for fully controlling MC from the standard view. I use the big television screen mostly only as an output device during playback. However, it might be nice to be able to use a remote controller in addition to my "control center".
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Wilhelm Kabus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 05:43:50 am »

Today I use a mouse and no keyboard. I need my mouse outside MC. A RC with MC even if it can not control all aspects to MC, would be nice.

I tried Theater View. Gave up. I will check it better...
Pages: [1]   Go Up