INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP4 no audio  (Read 1508 times)

roolark

• Recent member
MP4 no audio
« on: May 09, 2011, 11:46:40 am »

I'm using MC 16.0.81 and am not getting audio out of some of my recent video conversions.

Setup:
Using Handbrake "AppleTV 2" preset for conversions

Audio in the preset is 2 tracks, Track 1 English (AC3 5.1ch), AAC (faac) codec, Track 2 English (AC3 5.1ch), ac3 passthru codec

Background:
I had been converting on the 'normal' preset, with the audio set to only 1 track, AAC (faac) codec. Those files play fine.

I can play the new conversions using MPC and VLC, and the audio and video come across OK. When I try playing the video in MC16, the video displays without audio. My other older conversions play OK in MC16.

What am I missing?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MP4 no audio
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 11:53:11 am »

In MC settings for Video, try changing the Audio setting.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2011, 01:55:12 pm »

In MC settings for Video, try changing the Audio setting.

"same as audio source" didn't work for me.  I had to specify the actual output I wanted for it to work for me.  FYI
pretend this is something funny

roolark

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 12:12:34 pm »

I've played around with the video/audio with no success. Justin, what output did you pick? Because audio works just fine with my other MP4's, if I change the setting is it global? In other words, will it affect all my mp4's/videos including the working ones?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:04:05 pm »

Under the video option (very bottom option), there is a setting for Audio.  I changed that to ATI HDMI Output, since that's how my receiver is connected.  it had previously been set as "same as audio" but this didn't work for me, even thought the audio selection was set to ATI HDMI Output.

Also, under the DSP options (different area - not in the regular options section), there is an option for converting or transcoding (can't remember, I'm at work now), and I changed everything there to same as source or similar.

these 2 changes seem to have gotten all of my video issues resolved.

it's possible that you have the file type options for mp4 wrong, but I would try the things above first.

I'm ABSOLUTELY not an expert in any of this, I've just spent the last several days messing with all of it trying to get my setup working.

I have most of the video file types set to use LAV Splitter, ffdshow video, LAV audio and madVR, and this gets everything playing with sound.

I hope this helps   8)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up