INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Global Hotkeys? What are the defaults?  (Read 4310 times)

vaterp

• Recent member
Global Hotkeys? What are the defaults?
« on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:26 am »

I'm really trying to get the global hotkeys to work and I've already found this: http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/User_Defined_Global_Keyboard_Shortcuts

But I can't for the life of me, figure out what the DEFAULTS are when that option is selected? I've looked online, in the installed help file...

So what are the defaults?  The FTP page above didnt work for me (Maybe its a local firewall issue - or maybe the file was moved) but I can't seem to download the example of how to configure either... can anyone help?

IMHO, this is a critical feature of media players - i'm surprised its not more user friendly  to configure this feature.

thanks.

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Global Hotkeys? What are the defaults?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 12:21:16 pm »

The ftp link on the wiki works for me in IE.  May be a browser issue.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 01:45:59 pm »

Hmm.. i've tried in IE and in chrome and it just keeps telling me i can't connect... any chance you could post the file here?  Until I manage to customize this --  is there a list anywhere that explains what the defaults are? I've searched everywhere and can't find that information.

While I am asking questions, I have one more:  I can't seem to import skins... I downloaded some from the website, and when I goto browse to select hte skins i downloaded... it doesnt find any... it will only accept skins with .mjs, .zip and .wsz file types... the ones I downloaded from your site dont seem to have that suffix....

Your product seems to crush winamp in many ways, but there are 2 great features I miss from winamp
1) Mini-view dock bar
2) Notification bubbles on track change  and  play /pause  commands.

Do you know if either of those features are going to be implemented in this product? That would make it the hands down winner over winamp!

thx for the assistance!

MrC

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »

Hmm.. i've tried in IE and in chrome and it just keeps telling me i can't connect... any chance you could post the file here?  Until I manage to customize this --  is there a list anywhere that explains what the defaults are? I've searched everywhere and can't find that information.

Probably your network provider (ISP, work place, school) is blocking FTP.

You can get it from here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B02OlQlQopaiMjhlY2U2MWUtNWNlMC00MzMzLTg4YWItMTUzNzkyMmVlZTIz&hl=en

You might get more responses to your new question(s) if you post a new topic.  People skip over Subjects that are not familiar with, so your question will sit unanswered.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 05:44:59 pm »

Thanks for the link... appreciate it!

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 06:11:38 pm »

Am I correct in assuming from the embedded docs in this file that you can't use the WIN key as a modifier?

MrC

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 11:13:06 pm »

I'm thinking the Win key is usurped by Windows itself.

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 10:22:03 am »

I used the win key as a hotkey modifier in both winamp and mediamonkey - so im sure it can be done...

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:36 pm »

So I was attempting to use another 3rd party global hotkey program to send the appropriate windows commands to Media Center and I found a post that would tell me exactly what to do here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59220.msg400245#msg400245

Unfortunantly, I don't have a MC14.exe anywhere that I can find.. I do have a "Media Jukebox 14.exe" in the C:\program files\jriver\media jukebox 14 -- but it doesnt seem to use the /mcc argument... whenever i run it, all i get is the window to come to the front no matter what the paramaters are....

Am i doing something wrong here, or is this a dead end?

thx.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:13 pm »

C:\Windows\System32\MJ14.exe

Commands like

MJ14 /MCC 10001

should be fine.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

vaterp

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2011, 03:58:08 pm »

Thanks! That works exactly how i was expecting... thx all for the help...!

chrisjj

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 04:21:52 am »

You can get it from here:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B02OlQlQopaiMjhlY2U2MWUtNWNlMC00MzMzLTg4YWItMTUzNzkyMmVlZTIz&hl=en
I can't - it says "Sorry, the page (or document) you have requested is not available."
Pages: [1]   Go Up