INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: unable to stop playback on one machine when playback started from another  (Read 821 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day

so, on my laptop, i have it set to show zones from the library server machine, which it is now doing (had to mess about a bit to get them showing), and i can start playback on either of the 2 zones from my laptop.  All is good.

I didn't hear any sound on the living room zone, so I had to turn on the receiver and TV obviously, then I could see the audio track was playing on the HTPC, but there was no sound.  If the receiver is not on when playback starts, it doesn't start until i stop playback and restart.  So I hit stop.  another track then started playing automatically.  if I hit stop, another track starts playing.

it turns out that the laptop just keeps sending new tracks to play whenever I stop on the "client" machine.

i guess I can understand why this is, but it seems that i should be able to stop all playback from the machine being served to.

When I closed MC on the HTPC (it still leaves the server running), this also served to stop playback on that track, but the next track started playing right away also.

not a huge deal, i don't know how often I'll need this to work, but it seems more like a bug than a feature, so i figured I'd report it.

Just for fun, I figured i'd try stopping with Gizmo, and that worked.  i can skip with Gizmo, and both the HTPC and the laptop reflect the currently playing track, and Gizmo can start, skip and stop playback on the HTPC, but i can't actually stop it with the HTPC controls.

again, just reporting "weird" behavior. :)
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up