INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: view schemes in the media library  (Read 965 times)

fan of MJ

view schemes in the media library
« on: June 01, 2002, 10:51:51 pm »

let me apologize in advance for what might be a very simple question, as compared to the much more complex things I've seen in this forum.  I'm a fairly new user and I had been using version 7, and I downloaded the latest version, 8, and I am baffled by how to get my library organized the same way as in the previous version.  I had it so that all the artists would appear in the media library, and if there were any albums associated with that artist, there would be a plus sign which  I could click on to access the songs from that particular album.  Otherwise it would be just the artist name and the song(s) I had downloaded or ripped, without any album name.  Here, when I tried to set up the view scheme "album artist" it just shows every artist and all their songs, without segregating the albums.  I tried the view scheme "artist album" but then all it shows is every single artist with a plus sign by the name, and "unassigned" associated with it.  All I'm trying to do is to have it the way it was in the previous version, with artists, and then those albums associated with those artists, and if any of you good people have an answer as to what I'm doing wrong, I would be most appreciative.  thanks and have a good one!!

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:view schemes in the media library
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 04:15:52 am »

Artist/Album is one of the default views in Media Library.  If you click on the |PLS| next to Media Library, you should see:

Artist/Album
CD and DVD media
File Location
Genre/Artist/Album

If you removed it, a reinstall will probably put it back.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

sekim

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 04:28:38 am »

It sounds like you have all your artists, but no album names to go along with them. Have you tried to 'Import' your saved files? Funny that MJ wouldn't get the album names at the same time. Another thing may be to check the properties and see if MJ can get the info that way. May have to do the CDDB thing. If it is set-up properly, you should be able to get the view you are looking for.

fan|PLS|of|PLS|MJ

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 12:30:47 pm »

thanks for responding to my problem: unfortunately I tried the fixes suggested here, and they didn't work.  So I uninstalled version 8, and reinstalled version 7 and everything is perfect.  The media library shows the artists, and the correct albums associated with those artists.  that sounds a little strange, doesn't it? Is it possible that my solution is just to stick with the version that is working, is that what you guys tend to do: kind of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" philosophy? thanks for your help!!

sekim

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2002, 01:10:49 pm »

Not really. Have you tried a full re-install of MJ 8? For whatever reasons, this sometimes cures problems. I wouldn't give up just yet. I know it's a P.I.T.A., but most here would agree that MJ 8 is worth the effort.

Listening to: 'Umbabarauma' from 'Soulfly' by 'Soulfly' on Media Jukebox - Version 8
Pages: [1]   Go Up