INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red October question  (Read 1493 times)

baba100

Red October question
« on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:22 pm »

Hi all,

I think we all appreciate your effort, giving us the Red October options.

I think there users system that configured like they want and they don't want to change any codec, is it possible to disable it the "RO" ?
in my system even if I disable the RO its still download codec and change my system.

I want to enjoy the latest version of MC, but cant install it because the RO function.

Please help.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Red October question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2011, 11:39:26 pm »

While RO may download a filter it does not Register any of them or change how you have configured the ones you have registered.
JRiver CEO Elect

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 03:15:26 pm »

While RO may download a filter it does not Register any of them or change how you have configured the ones you have registered.

Another related question. I think I read somewhere here that allowing RO to do it's thing in MC should not affect any playback in another media player. Is that true? I ask because our primary video usage is on another player and I'm a little spooked about messing it up. I would like to try this out though.

It's great what you have done - if it all works out you will have solved some big problems that many people have with several players. Thanks for all your efforts.

Rod

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 03:21:42 pm »

Another related question. I think I read somewhere here that allowing RO to do it's thing in MC should not affect any playback in another media player. Is that true? I ask because our primary video usage is on another player and I'm a little spooked about messing it up. I would like to try this out though.

Correct.  That's what this means:

Basically, MC (in RO mode) now downloads its own copies of the filters and keeps them in its own directory, rather than using anything that impacts the system at all.

That said... There are some fiddly bits still, and there are some new builds coming soon that will probably be better.  I'd hold off until the next public build unless you're willing to deal with some issues.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 04:23:32 pm »

Glynor,

Thanks for the prompt response. I thought that's what the quote meant -  just wanted to be certain.

What a great concept behind RO - keeping everything in a MC directory instead of taking over the system.

I'll hold off for a build or two before trying it. Thanks for the heads up!

Have  a great weekend!

Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2011, 04:57:19 pm »

Please see this thread for a description of the current status.
Pages: [1]   Go Up