INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure to Import Files solved  (Read 1088 times)

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Failure to Import Files solved
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:48:35 am »

I have a simple problem to solve.  I noticed that two tracks are not in my database.  I only found these so far.  I've tried every method to track it down from track number, name, album, artist auto & artist.  I've tried to import the file folder with "ignore files previously removed from library" unchecked.  This may be an isolated instance or there may be a lot more in my database.  If I click on the file through explorer it plays fine.  This was true in .99, .87, and ,86 as well.

Any suggestions?

Tunetyme

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Failure to Import Files
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 11:52:52 am »

Just to be sure, have you checked what's in the Deleted database?

Create a smartlist with rules:

~d=r ~sort=[Filename]
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
Re: Failure to Import Files (solved)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 02:32:06 pm »

Thanks!

What a great tool.  The file is not listed.  I tried to address this a little differently where I modified the file name with a 1 at the end and was able to successfully import it.  One of the two files had a problem with names.  Artist, album, and file name were wrong.  I have no clue on how that happened.  I suspect that the other has the same problem.  The challenge is to track it down.  Currently I have added the missing file with a 1 on the end and I am sure I will find the other missed named entry.  I love those starbursts in the cover art field.

The next question is, what do I do with the deleted file listing.  Mine is quite large since I've moving and rearrange my file system again.  Sometimes it is just easier to re-import files than do all the edits.  There are some many tools in MC that really allow me to clean up my database as I move the files over to a server.   

What other great tools that I am not aware of?

Tunetyme

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Failure to Import Files (solved)
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »

The next question is, what do I do with the deleted file listing. 

Well, you can leave them alone, or delete them.  They tell MC what files not to include during imports.  If you want a file to be re-considered for import, you can delete the corresponding entry in the Deleted (aka: Removed) database.

What other great tools that I am not aware of?
List the ones that you are aware of, then invert that list.  :-)
The opinions I express represent my own folly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up