INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Similiar artists / recommended artists  (Read 1038 times)

ZombieBobie

Similiar artists / recommended artists
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:15:58 am »

I was wondering if there's a plugin or inbuilt support for displaying similiar artists or recommended artists based on what you are currently playing?

In example, in Spotify you see a short decription of the band up top, and with Related Artists next to it.

If there's a way to do something similiar in Media Center that would be great.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Similiar artists / recommended artists
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 12:27:52 pm »

When you're playing an artist, click on the "Wiki" link.  It's up near the search box.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 08:10:52 pm »

I think he means from within the program, where you could then choose any matching artists from your library and actually play the tracks.

This would be pretty cool.  There might be a plugin... I don't know, but something built-in would be cool.  Something that could look up related artists using an external data source would probably be better (and more accurate), but you could use the existing Play Doctor functionality to generate the list, and display it in the Action Window (accessed via some button or play header link or something) if you wanted to implement it that way.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

ZombieBobie

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 03:59:30 pm »

Yeh, I was thinking within the program. In example, something like this as a sidebar (or wherever it would fit):

or the top part of Spotify:

I use spotify a fair bit at work and the similiar artists thing is a nice way to find new artists. If something similiar would be possible for Media Center that would be awesome. I tried a plugin for Songbird that used last.fm to find similiar artists which was nice. Unfortunatly for me, only the plugin was good and Songbird was crap. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up