INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing DVD menu "cursors"  (Read 1400 times)

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
Missing DVD menu "cursors"
« on: June 06, 2011, 03:28:30 am »

With build 103, when I play a DVD (either on a real device or ripped), it plays the mandatory copyright notice and moves to the main DVD menu as expected. But the menu has no display of any "cursor" to indicate which option is selected, so I cannot navigate by keyboard arrows. I *can* click on an option with the mouse and it acts appropriately. And thereafter if I return to the DVD menu, there are "cursors" to indicate the selected item. So the problem only appears the first time I see the menu.

I am trying to move from Zoom Player to MC as my video/DVD player. But for me the important criterion is controlability - this is an HTPC with an iPhone as a remote (and only) control. If I have to reach for the mouse, that counts as a failure!

So ... is there a known (and ideally fixable) problem with DVD menus?

Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Missing DVD menu "cursors"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:12:36 am »

Could you copy your playback graph here?  Right-click a playing DVD and look under Directshow filters.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:06 am »

The graph is copied below.

Interestingly, if I open a DVD that I have viewed before (and so it skips the copyright part and goes straight to the menu), then the "cursor" appears straight away.

And I have screenshots if my description is unclear.

Thanks

Brian

---

Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Out' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'Video Output 1' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'
            Connected to pin 'XForm Out' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'EVR Input2'
            Connected to pin '~Subpicture Output' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
        CLSID: {E4206432-01A1-4BEE-B3E1-3702C8EDC574}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Input Pin 'XForm In'
            Connected to pin '~Line21 Output' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin 'XForm Out'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input1' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {0F40E1E5-4F79-4988-B1A9-CC98794E6B55}
        Host: C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 16\Plugins\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax
        Output Pin 'Out'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
        CLSID: {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\msmpeg2vdec.dll
        Input Pin 'Video Input'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Input Pin 'Subpicture Input'
            Connected to pin 'SubPicture' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Video Output 1'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2
        Output Pin '~Line21 Output'
            Connected to pin 'XForm In' of filter 'Line 21 Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_AUXLine21Data  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Line21_GOPPacket, Format type FORMAT_None
        Output Pin '~Subpicture Output'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input2' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_AI44, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo2

Filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'AC3' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DOLBY_AC3, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'ffdshow Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

Filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Video' of filter 'DVD Navigator'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG2_VIDEO, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'Video Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'

Filter 'DVD Navigator'
        CLSID: {9B8C4620-2C1A-11D0-8493-00A02438AD48}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qdvd.dll
        Output Pin 'Video'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Video Monitor'
        Output Pin 'AC3'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Audio Monitor'
        Output Pin 'SubPicture'
            Connected to pin 'Subpicture Input' of filter 'Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_DVD_ENCRYPTED_PACK  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_DVD_SUBPICTURE, Format type FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 10:48:21 am »

That graph looks good.

Could you try two or three discs, just in case it's a problem with a particular authoring of a disc?

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 11:00:45 am »

I had this happen last week with a DVD, too. It was before build 103. I usually use Blu-ray and figured it was a problem with the disc. I don't have the disc anymore since it was from our church library.

avid

• World Citizen
  • MC user since 2003
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 11:03:36 am »

Ah - I never thought about authoring.

It works on all the others I have tried EXCEPT all three disks from the same set - and those were the ones I tried earlier. And of course, they will all have been authored the same way.

So I think you've got it. I shall keep an eye on this, but I suspect it was dodgy authoring and not MC.

Thanks

Brian

PS While you "are on a roll" in finding solutions, have you any ideas about my other posting on failure of MC16.EXE or MCWS to play WTV files? This is the only show-stopper in my migration away from Zoom Player. I need to be able to automate/script this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up