INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I extend the 30 trial again for MC16??  (Read 2664 times)

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
How can I extend the 30 trial again for MC16??
« on: June 06, 2011, 06:41:10 pm »

i have MC15 but I've been patiently waiting for the video streaming via Gizmo Android app to work. I downloaded the trail for MC16 a while ago and it never worked right so now I can't try it out again before I buy. No way I will purchase the v16 upgrade until I'm sure video streaming works via Gizmo.  I know you guys have been tweaking it but it didn't work the last time I tried it.

I'm looking for a forum admin to help here and provide another 30 day trial so that I can verify functionality in earnest.

Thanks
Keit

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I extend the 30 trial again for MC16??
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 06:49:03 pm »

Video playback is working with Gizmo now.  You could try the build from the top of this board.

We don't extend trials, but you could try on another PC.

What phone do you have?

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 06:59:06 pm »

hey video streaming to Gizmo app still doesn't work. i downloaded MC16 to a new pc & configured it & its still saying "server preparing file" it did that for over 40 mins. i set the video conversion to "no conversion" since i'm using mp4 file that are already formatted to fit the cell phone screen. this is the same issue it was doing when MC16 was in beta.  who has this feature ever worked for?

here's my setup
phone: HTC HD2 running Android2.3 gingerbread
network: Wi-Fi
MC16 setup: video conversion set for no conversion
video files: mp4 320 x 280 resolution & stereo sound

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 07:27:14 pm »

Try installing another video player.  It is working.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 07:43:17 pm »

Video is working here on a Nexus S.

It only converts a few times faster than real-time when dealing with HD content.  So if you're trying to watch full length features, I would recommend pre-converting in Options > File Location.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 06:06:32 pm »

guys this getting a little annoying. i have a couple of questions for you both. 1. what other specific video player should i try to imstalling & what are the associated settings with that player should be set to in MC? 2. why don't either of u be more specific & tell me exactly what video file type u have working with gizmo vid streaming & tell me exactly what are the specs of that video file so that i can try it. is it an mp4 file or wmv or m4v file is it 480 x 320 resolution , is the audio stereo, what is the specific bitrate of the video (i.e. 500kbps) & the audio (i.e. 160kbps) in the video file that u have this working. why cant u give specific recommended settings for this feature if its working.  also what's the best setting for video conversion because i sure thought no conversion was the best since i have mp4 video files already optimized for my cell phone screen size. 

guys please offer me some real help here. i'm a serious user here & this thing has never worked for me regardless of how many setting changes i've made.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 06:12:51 pm »

Please install MC16 on another PC and try it.

famu97

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 07:37:33 am »

Jim I did install MC16 on a different PC than it was originally installed because my original MC16 install trial ran out. This latest test where I say it's still not working for me is on a different pc in my house than the first time I ran MC16 even back in beta which wasn't that long ago.

So back to my questions in my last post.  Can either of you answer any of those questions about settings, what video file types, bit-rates of video & audio within that video file, what additional video player should I try to install and what are the specific configuration settings that either of you have MC16 set to if you have it working?

Thanks
Keith