INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subtitles  (Read 1811 times)

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
Subtitles
« on: June 12, 2011, 06:38:54 pm »

Is it possible to control the presentation of the subtitle, i.e. a time shift for subtitles which are out of sync, the size of the font and the position?

Fabricio

• Citizen of the Universe
  • No one has patience with me.
Re: Subtitles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »

+1!?

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 01:28:54 pm »

bump.

Sorry to bother again. But has anybody an idea if this is possible?

Thanks.

globetrotters1

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 05:26:50 pm »

Yes, for me it is possible. I use DirectVobSub and within the configuration window you can override placement, text font and so on. But I only tested MKV movies with additional SRT subtitle streams. Oh and you have to add the DirectVobSub (autoload version) to the video filters of the appropriate video settings.

For adding an additional subtitle stream to a DVD VOB movie I have an additional thread running right now :)

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 07:01:12 pm »

It is not possible to make these changes directly from the MC GUI, but in Red Octover, FFDSHOW is used with lets you both move subtitle positioning and timing.  If this is important, you will need to install FFDSHOW yourself, enable Red Octover (HQ or Std) With Additional Filters, then go into FFDSHOW and make you changes.
JRiver CEO Elect

maid

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 11:06:37 pm »

I am using Red October and playing a file last night presented two lots of sub titles even though they were turned off.

One lot was the English for the foreign speaking parts, but it had some other language all through the file???
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:55:00 am »

globetrotters1 and jmone: Thank you very much for your answer. It works fine now.  ;D

minolotus

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 08:59:30 am »

I am using Red October and playing a file last night presented two lots of sub titles even though they were turned off.

One lot was the English for the foreign speaking parts, but it had some other language all through the file???

Maybe the subtitles were hard coded into the video? If so, you can not remove them.

globetrotters1

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 09:41:30 am »

minolotus,

yes, you can eliminate a wrong "hardcoded" subtitle stream out of the movie, but it is a more tedious work, especially if it is a DVD VOB movie (demux, remux) - with an MKV movie it is a lot easier (I use MKVExtract and MKVMerge, works like a charm)

cheers

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 09:45:46 am »

minolotus,

yes, you can eliminate a wrong "hardcoded" subtitle stream out of the movie,

If it is really hardcoded, then it can't be removed.  Hardcoded means that the subtitle has been burned into the actual frames of the movie, and is part of the video content (there is no separate stream).

Under what circumstances can a file have a separate subtitle stream included that you can't turn off in MC currently?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up