INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: settings  (Read 2084 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
settings
« on: June 19, 2011, 11:44:37 pm »

It seems that when I update the program that the settings are lost.

Eg my sound settings went back to direct sound and 2 channel.

I there some setting I have missed??
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

MrHaugen

Re: settings
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 05:55:38 am »

Can you please start to describe your problems better in the subject? One word is not telling people much.

The reason your sound settings is reset, is probably changes in the Red October defaults. I'm not sure though.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

maid

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:06:12 pm »

my operating system is win7.
I use spdif passthrough
I have installed cccp and coreavc
In MC I have Red October on the recommended settings
My sound is set on Wasapi
everything I play is coming through in Dolby which is not good on some TV shows.
What do I need to set in DSP
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 06:12:25 pm »

I have just discovered Red October is not using SPDIF.

If I take this off my sound goes back to how it should work Dolby and DTS is back and my AMP is switching as normal.

How do I use Red October with my Audio

maid

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 10:57:42 pm »

can anyone help with my sound???

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 11:28:11 pm »

I have to agree with MrHaugen, maid... A better subject line would get better results.  I didn't look at this for the longest time, probably because of the subject line.

Set this:

Options -> Video -> Audio for Video:

Playback device: Whatever your digital output is called.  Select it directly, don't use Same as Audio.
Bitstreaming: SPDIF
Videoclock: unchecked
Normalize volume: I'd leave it checked, it is a nice system for AC3 audio.  It is NOT dynamic range compression.

Then your Audio will NOT go through the DSP system in MC, because it will be bitstreamed out via the SPDIF.  In other words, it will go out the "video path".  That's what you want, probably, if your receiver/amp is only connected to the system via SPDIF.  This will "pass through" the audio directly encoded in the video files, allowing your receiver to decode it.

If, instead of choosing your output device directly, you have Same as Audio selected as the Playback Device (I'm guessing this is what you have set), then MC must decode the audio itself, in order to send it through the DSP system (and WASAPI and the rest of the "audio path").  This can be useful if you want to use the room correction system and whatnot in the DSP, but is probably not the best choice if you are connected to your receiver/amplifier only via SPDIF.

Now... For your audio section:

In the Output Format DSP, under Channels, you probably have Output surround sound as Dolby Digital enabled.What this does is re-encodes all of the audio going through the "audio path" to Dolby Digital (AC3) on the way out.    That's perfectly fine, if you want your stereo music expanded to 5.1 surround via JRSS, and you're connected via SPDIF only.  Since SPDIF can only carry two uncompressed PCM channels, that's your only choice if you want to carry 5.1 surround via the SPDIF output.  But that's probably why everything was coming through as Dolby Digital, because the audio was being decoded, sent through the "Audio Path" and the DSP, and then re-encoded to Dolby Digital (by this setting) before being sent down the SPDIF output, instead of going down the video path just directly out.

Hope this helps.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

maid

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:00:40 am »

Thank you thank you Thank you....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 09:28:50 am »

Glynor, thanks for the nice post.

If, instead of choosing your output device directly, you have Same as Audio selected as the Playback Device (I'm guessing this is what you have set), then MC must decode the audio itself, in order to send it through the DSP system (and WASAPI and the rest of the "audio path").  This can be useful if you want to use the room correction system and whatnot in the DSP, but is probably not the best choice if you are connected to your receiver/amplifier only via SPDIF.

I would recommend 'Same as audio' for all users.

Bitstreaming is fully supported with this setting.

In my opinion, the option should be hidden in advanced (or even removed) as most users should never need it.

If you have a problem using our audio engine, please report it as a bug.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 09:32:21 am »

If you have more problems, start a new thread with a subject that describes the problem, and include details in your post.
Pages: [1]   Go Up