INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some help with Tree Background  (Read 1308 times)

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Some help with Tree Background
« on: June 21, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

Hi, i want to create a skin and i can't deal with the section where is tree background
I will put some image to understand what is the problem and maybe can give me a solution.
First when on tree is not any action the background don't change but when i up/down the action window the image get stretch, and again when i pop up let say tag, again the image background stretch again, is some kind of solution to make the background don't change in this state?
If anyone knows maybe can help me.
Ty
here is the pics

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Some help with Tree Background
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 05:02:00 pm »

You need to specify margins for the image stating that the top can't be stretched.  Then add a section to the bottom that can be stretched (it can even be one pixel tall).

Most of the default skin items use margins (or the more powerful columns / rows) in main.xml, so you can look there for examples.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

SkGe

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Some help with Tree Background
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 05:52:31 pm »

<TREE>
    <Colors Text="484E59" Back="f0f0f0" SelectedText="132243" SelectedBack="e3f8ff" />
    <Entry Name="Selection" Bitmap="Tree_Selection.png" NumberImages="3" Columns="5,?-Flex,5" Rows="4,?-Flex,4,?-Flex,4" />
    <Entry Name="Background" Bitmap="Tree_Background.png" NumberImages="1" />
  </TREE>
This is what i find in .xml and added some number at margins, but it still change the state.
My background is pretty big now 1000x3000, and if i make him smaller let say 100x300, he get blushed and is not clear anymore, so i put the original .psd on the skin and stay that till i find a way.
On margins i put the 1,1,1,1 and he don't help with nothing.
Maybe you can direct me in the right way, im weak when comes to .xml :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up