INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Samsung Galaxy S - MC won't transfer FLAC Files?  (Read 3027 times)

Vocalpoint

• Citizen of the Universe
Samsung Galaxy S - MC won't transfer FLAC Files?
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:18:43 am »

I just got a new Samsung Galaxy S (Android) on Telus here in Calgary - and while I can get the device to sync up with MC - I really want to play FLAC on this thing - not MP3. So when I instruct MC to not convert the music files to be transferred - it throws a message about unsupported format.

Odd - that I can simply use Windows Explorer and copy a bunch of FLAC files to the device (Music folder) and play them just fine with PowerAmp on the phone.

So - the question is - how does MC know that FLAC files are not supported on the Galaxy? When they clearly are (at least when played thru PowerAmp).

Also - are there any plans from the JR crew going to lay down the hammer and create the ultimate "player" app for Android? (or really overhaul Gizmo?) Gizmo is working fine as a connector to another library - but as far as a player (no EQ, no replay gain and pretty much missing all the other good stuff that makes MC so cool) - it's nothing special at this point.

Would like to know if there are any plans to really give it an overhaul.

VP

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Samsung Galaxy S - MC won't transfer FLAC Files?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 11:26:23 am »

When you sync, there are some options.  One is "Supported filetypes".  Just add FLAC.

Vocalpoint

Re: Samsung Galaxy S - MC won't transfer FLAC Files?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:38:14 am »

When you sync, there are some options.  One is "Supported filetypes".  Just add FLAC.

K. Will try that!

Cheers,

VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up