INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing 7MC with MC  (Read 1683 times)

BradC

• World Citizen
Replacing 7MC with MC
« on: July 03, 2011, 06:43:29 am »

HI

Now that jriver can play blurays (and with better quality that the other software players) I am looking to replace the functions that I use win 7 media center with jriver.

I use media browser in 7MC to select movies, and this basically works transparently with only a little setting up. It launches TMT3 for bluray.

I ran jriver on the same movie catalogue and the results were less than impressive. Firstly, it picks the movie title from the filename rather than directory - where can I change this?

A bigger problem is that it didn't even pick up the blurays ripped to iso. How do I get these in the video database?

I also need to set a video delay (of about 1.5 sec) as I use linear phase room correction filters for music, which add a large delay. Can I add such a delay to the video, and if so how?

Finally, I am running v121 and it didn't set the audio volume to a low value to protect the speakers, as it did last time I tried a bluray on v116. Is this a bug, or has a setting changed?

Brad

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Replacing 7MC with MC
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 07:31:58 am »

The Third Party board here has a couple of metadata solutions. 

You might be able to make our Room Correction work.  Take a look at the options under DSP.

VideoClock is an option under MC's Video settings.  It may fix lip synch problems.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 09:14:15 pm »

I already have videoclock enabled. I need to add a substantial video delay.

The built in room correction functionality is still very basic. It does not have a convolver or arbitrary signal routing.
How can I control the second sub and active crossover with the built in room correction?

regarding blurays in iso, jriver doesn't recognise that file type.
Do the third party solutions fix this?

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:25 pm »

I ran jriver on the same movie catalogue and the results were less than impressive. Firstly, it picks the movie title from the filename rather than directory - where can I change this?

I'm not sure what you mean by this - can you elaborate, please?

A bigger problem is that it didn't even pick up the blurays ripped to iso. How do I get these in the video database?

The way to do this is to set the mediatype if all BD/DVD ISOs to "video", but I htink you still have to use a third party mounting utility such as VirtualCloneDrive or DaemonTools.

I also need to set a video delay (of about 1.5 sec) as I use linear phase room correction filters for music, which add a large delay. Can I add such a delay to the video, and if so how?
There is currently no video delay function built-in, but you are the third thread-starter to request or identify the need for one in the past two weeks. Many others also agree, including Matt. And when Matt likes an idea, it very often ends up being a feature very quickly. Wait a week or so... that's just a guess; I have no inside info, but maybe matt will chime in on how likely such a feature is to be implemented soon.

Finally, I am running v121 and it didn't set the audio volume to a low value to protect the speakers, as it did last time I tried a bluray on v116. Is this a bug, or has a setting changed?
Not sure about this one.

MrHaugen

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 05:39:22 am »

I don't think you can. You have to import it all, and then you have to start tagging. If all your directories is correctly named, you should be able to use the Rename tool to change all names in one go. Not 100% sure how though. I would suggest that you start to rename the filename correctly from now on, and leaving the Directories as is. No point in renaming them, unless your not sure what it contains.

You need to install an image reader. Daemon tools have automated ways of loading and mounting iso's, and MC can be set to handle this ISO's externally so DT does the job. MC will automatically play the content if it's set up correctly. For MC to use this ISO's as Video files you have to tag them accordingly. I do not think this behavior have changed, but please correct me if I'm wrong. This is a major annoyance imo, and is partially why I dropped DVD's a long time ago. There IS ways to do this automatically though. There is a plugin called Autotagger (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=51193.0). Not sure if this works in MC16 though.

This will probably be introduced soon.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 07:53:14 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up