INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Small annoying things  (Read 1617 times)

nedan

• Recent member
Small annoying things
« on: July 22, 2011, 06:32:02 am »

thank you for the .tta support, you are awesome.

here's what led me here:

- when i drag a folder into MC it adds everything in this folder, not just music or video files, but pictures, text files, thumbs.db, archives etc which it can't play.

instead, it runs an external program to open them. But if i need to open those files i just use explorer.

and when the next track is thumbs.db(for example) it stops playback ~30 sec before it and gives an error that MC can't play it. At least don't interrupt the playback! I suggest adding extension filtering.

- while playing a file, if i make additions to a playlist, MC ignores these additions unless i manually click on the new files. Buttons like "next" make no difference, they just skip new files.

- display mini-window which shows cover art, every time i open media center i had to hide it.

how about make it go into permanent hide, not until restart, but until you un-hide it?

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Small annoying things
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 07:01:30 am »

nedan, under option/auto import config you can set the filetypes you are interested in..

also if you use filters in the views/smartlists you can exclude your unwanted files or include the ones you want to see..

dragging a folder onto MC (importing all files in that folder) is a very important feature of MC..
MT5FR

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 07:55:29 am »

Please use a subject that describes the problem.  It helps if you use a single topic for a single subject.  You'll get better help.

nedan

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 08:27:40 am »

nedan, under option/auto import config you can set the filetypes you are interested in..

also if you use filters in the views/smartlists you can exclude your unwanted files or include the ones you want to see..

Filetypes thing doesn't filter anything, it's still imports all the unneeded files.
Smartlist, it works but only with media library, i cannot drag a folder into it.

dragging a folder onto MC (importing all files in that folder) is a very important feature of MC..
well, maybe, but i can't imagine a person who would enjoy playing archives(if only they could auto-unpack, like in foobar) or thumbs.db from playlist

JimH: alright. next time.
it's just i didn't want to waste forum space

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 08:30:27 am »

Try using Tools/Import to import what you want.  You can set up auto import there and then edit it to choose the files you want imported from each directory.  Or you can manually import a folder.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 08:34:44 am »

Smartlist, it works but only with media library, i cannot drag a folder into it.
well, maybe, but i can't imagine a person who would enjoy playing archives(if only they could auto-unpack, like in foobar) or thumbs.db from playlist

smartlists are queries against the database, so you could (for example) filter out files with extension .ape

regarding "can't imagine.." remember that MC is not only a fantastic player it's also the best file organiser on Tellus
MT5FR

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 11:49:04 am »

nedan, you are aware of the views ?..i guess you are quite new to MC and it takes time to learn this massive system, but it's quite easy for everyone to get started..

You have 3 main views, Audio, Images and Video..those have filter set to respectivly media type, so in those views you will not get any "data" files like the text files, thumbs.db you are refering to if you not change the filter..you can also then build your own views..you can also turn off the 4:th media type "data" under options.

MC is a Total system and it's up to you to form it..

the playlist system consists of Playlists and Smartlists..in a playlist you can add any type of files by sending or dragging..the smartlists have rules/filters (just like views) you will find a decent guide here http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Smartlist_and_Search_-_Rules_and_Modifiers

have fun  :)
MT5FR

nedan

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 01:16:21 pm »

thank you.
man, that's complex.
almost made Audio view work lika a playlist, but it seem to lack Seq column
any feedback on the other two problems?

JimH

• Administrator