INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding an "Intro" column  (Read 4701 times)

callen21

• Recent member
Adding an "Intro" column
« on: July 27, 2011, 11:53:08 am »

As an old radio guy, I'd like the MC12 I'm running to have an "intro" column where I can input the intro time to each song.  However, when I try to edit or rename that column, I get nothing.  How can I do this and make it something that will always be there - and even recognize "time" or "duration"?

MrC

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Your life is short. Give me your money.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

callen21

• Recent member
Re: Adding an "Intro" column
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:14:02 pm »

I'm still not able to type in the intro time for each song.  Even opening "all tags" in the action window, it will not let me type anything in.

Also, according to the forum files you attached to this post, using "playback range" will only play that much of the song.  That's not what I'm wanting to do.  I want, as a reference for each song, how long the "intro" of each song is (how long the music plays before the first vocal).  This should have nothing to do with how it plays.

MrC

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:27:27 pm »

Oh, I see.  I misunderstood.

I presume you know how to create the library field, since you appear to have done so.

You can change the term used for Display in panes/columns/tags/etc. in the Display and Display (plural) area for the field in Options > Library & Folders > Manage Library Fields.

How do you want to enter your time values?  Hours.Seconds?  Or just in Seconds?   In your Library Fields definition for the field Data Type, you'd use Decimal for the former, and Integer for the latter.

If you want more complex like hh:mm:ss, just use a String type.

callen21

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 02:20:10 pm »

Okay...I got that far but values are STILL not appearing for each file.  In the Data Type I chose a decimal and Edit Type "Standard".  Should I have chosen "Clear Only", "Large Value" or "Cannot Be Edited"?

When I look at my player panel I see all my fields (including my custom made "Intro" column) but when I right click to include a value it appears blank.

MrC

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 02:54:08 pm »

When you create a library field, this makes the field available for all types specified in the Flags area of Manage Library Fields.

Actual data won't be inside - you have to add values to each file, for which you want your intro data.

You'll want Standard, so that you can enter data.

You can enter data for your field in a couple of places: 1) the Tag area of the Action Window, or 2) In panes mode.

Select a track, and then click on the field's data area, either once and hit F2, or twice slowly between clicks to open the edit box.  Then, enter your desired value.  Hit Enter when done.

callen21

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2011, 04:10:53 pm »

Finally got it!

The problem was I wasn't waiting until the "tags" finished tagging.  It won't let you update until tagging finishes.

Thanks for your help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up