INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation Problem  (Read 1712 times)

Richard Allen

Installation Problem
« on: August 05, 2011, 11:57:05 am »

On June 6th I installed Media Center 16 on my PC.  I also paid for licensing and receive my registration code.  Several weeks transpired w/o using MC, and now when I try to use it, it tells me that my 30 day trial has expired.  I have attempted on multiple occasions to do a restore, and JRiver has sent new registration from which to do the restore.  However, whenever I attempt the restore, it fails with the following message:  "Error Restoring Media Center License:  Unknown Error".  Could someone from tech support please respond to this.  I have paid for this product and I am unable to use it. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Installation Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »

Sorry for the troubles.  This isn't a common problem.

My advice would be to uninstall, reboot, and then reinstall the latest build from here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=65647.0

Disable any compatibility or security software during installation / restore that might interfere.

My guess is that it will work, but if not, post back here and we'll dig deeper.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:25:28 pm »

Make sure the license and software are the same version.  Links to "Old Versions" are in the FAQ and Wiki.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:48:33 pm »

Make sure the license and software are the same version.  Links to "Old Versions" are in the FAQ and Wiki.

Haha yes! I spent the better part of an hour recently trying to restore an MC15 licence for MC16. I was doing it remotely via my desktop from my HTPC, since the latter doesn't have an email client installed. The text was too small on the logmein remote desktop to differentiate MC15 from MC16 at 10 feet away.

Richard Allen

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:35:21 pm »

Thanks Matt and others for the responses.  I tried the approach that was recommend by Matt.  The program uninstalled successfully and subsequently reinstalled successfully during which time my antivirus software was temporarily disabled.  However, when attempting to run MC 16, the popup window came up again and stated that the license was expired.  I then tried a "restore" and got the same error message as before (i.e. "Error restoring Media Center License:  Unknown Error").  A couple of things to note.  First, this computer has never had a previous version of MC.  Second, some time after MC 16 was initially installed in on June 6th, the computer name was change from something like "owners-pc" to "Music-Server".  Could that possibly be causing the problem and if so, is there someway I can get a new installation or whatever you think is necessary to get this working.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 09:39:09 pm »

Please try entering your license code in the page below, using IE as your browser:
https://rover.jriver.com/cgi-bin/restore.cgi

I believe your license code (keep it private) should begin with "8J"
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 10:56:18 pm »

Check your system date.

mdooney@gmail.com

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 06:40:44 am »

Having similar problem with restoring Logitech MC having previously successfully installed MC16.  Uninstalled/reinstalled the LMC but still getting same error message as Richard when attempting to restore.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 07:36:41 am »

The Logitech MC uses a different license, but it was never released, so please don't purchase it.  We may release something eventually.
Pages: [1]   Go Up