INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rollback to Previous Build of MC [Solved]  (Read 1762 times)

pcstockton

• Citizen of the Universe
Rollback to Previous Build of MC [Solved]
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:29:10 pm »

Good Day Forum!!

When I upgraded to MC16 i didnt notice that auto-updates were on by default.  At some point my control points no longer worked correctly with MC.  I figured this out after I had to redo my "hotkeys" 4 times, and I turned off auto-updates.

But I need to roll back to a previous version so I can restore correct UPNPing.

Is it possible to rollback?
If so, is there anything special I need to do/know?

Thanks for help!
Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

shAf

Re: Rollback to Previous Build of MC
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 06:28:03 am »

Is it possible to rollback?

If you know the version you want you can simply anticipate and edit the hyperlink that's available in the top topic that offers the most recent version ... and then to simply download it.  As you probably realize this will not however re-establish all your preferences -- you'll have to configure them again yourself.

HTH  :)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland

pcstockton

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 06:52:04 pm »

Thanks!

Shouldn't I be able to do a library backup, then rollback, then restore?

-Patrick
HTPC (ASRock Mini PC 252B: i5 2520M Sandy Bridge/HD3000 - 2.5 GHz - 8GB RAM - 256GB Intel SSD - Win7 Home) > MF V-Link 192 > Wireworld Ultraviolet > Naim DAC > Naim NAC 102/NAPSC/HiCap (PSU) > Naim NAP 180 Amp > Naim NACA-5 Speaker Cables > Naim Ariva

pcstockton

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 10:03:08 pm »

...also the links to previous builds appear to be dead?  Or am I not doing something correctly?

-p

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 10:17:27 am »

...also the links to previous builds appear to be dead?  Or am I not doing something correctly?

-p
I'd make sure the library backups are stored offline too. Then you can get the several previous builds at:
http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160149.exe
Just change the version from 149 to the one you are looking for. The links in the MC16 board should work for a dozen or so revs back.
I'd restore from a library backup dated just before the version of MC you install.

If you do find that a particular version of MC acts differently from the current one in regards to the issue you have with PP and elyric would you let us know? I too think it might be a change in PP that you are seeing but it's possible that it's MC. The only changes in control point functionality recently that I can recall had to so with sorting and searching.

pcstockton

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 06:48:24 pm »

Thanks Bob... I am on it.

I really appreciate the help.

Regarding the new behavior, it seems to point to MC since both Foobar and Asset work as they always have with both Apps.

I will let you know what I find.

Cheers!
Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 05:05:54 pm »

If you do find that a particular version of MC acts differently from the current one in regards to the issue you have with PP and elyric would you let us know? I too think it might be a change in PP that you are seeing but it's possible that it's MC. The only changes in control point functionality recently that I can recall had to so with sorting and searching.

Bob,

Could it have something to do with this hypothesis by Ambramsh @ PP?

"It appears to be a bug in jriver; and only when playing from jriver to jriver.

PlugPlayer sends it one URL to play, and when PlugPlayer comes back from sleep it checks back with the renderer and even though it's the same song playing jriver reports back a different URL. I'll contact them and see if they can fix it or tell us a way to fix it on our end."

Just to reiterate, the issue is a new development.  In the past J River was always able to serve to itself.
Nor it is exclusive to PP Control Point.  It also now does this with eLyric.

Thanks!!!  I am excited to start using MC at home again.  Been slumming it with Foobar and Remote.

Cheers,
Patrick

pcstockton

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 09:36:15 am »

Obviously you fixed the issue with .171 Build.

I just wanted to deeply thank you for being so proactive when brought an issue.

I can use MC at home again!!!!!!!!!!  Control point seems to be working well.

Cheers MC Team!!!!!

-Patrick
Pages: [1]   Go Up