INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing Live TV  (Read 976 times)

greg.smalter

• World Citizen
Sharing Live TV
« on: September 07, 2011, 10:47:41 am »

Is it possible use JRiver Media Center to share live TV over a network? If so, does it downscale it so that streaming live TV to a laptop using Wireless G is possible?

I currently have an HD Home Run network tuner and an always-on computer with an ethernet connection that can watch live TV beautifully with Windows Media Center. WMC cannot share live TV to another computer (only an extender, stupidly), so in order to view TV on my laptop I have to installed the HD Home Run drivers, do a channel scan, set up media center, etc. Then, because the connection is only Wireless G, the live TV is choppy and unwatchable. There's a chance upgrading to N will fix this, but no guarantee.

If I were able to use JRiver Media Center to share live TV, and it would save me from having to install the tuner drivers on every machine I wanted to watch TV on, and it could possibly do a better job of streaming the TV, so it was watchable over Wireless G. It would be important to be able to change the channels from the client laptop, though. Is this possible?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sharing Live TV
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011, 10:53:14 am »

MC is closing in on this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up